. I can't believe how much..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I didnt' think it could be more comfortable >

I didnt' think it could be more comfortable

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I didnt' think it could be more comfortable

Old 10-26-2007, 04:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default I didnt' think it could be more comfortable

I bought the footrest and a bow holder for my viper. I thought it was the most comfortable stand before with my bow in my lap and my feet hanging down. Now my bow is hanging to the side and I put my feet up on the rest. I can't believe how much more comfortable it is. I've never dozed off in a stand before, but I think I was pretty close last night. Allright I may have snoozed for 5 minutes or so [8D].
Old 10-26-2007, 04:57 AM

Default RE: I didnt' think it could be more comfortable

I've wondered about at least getting the foot rest before. Some tree setups are better than others and I think a footrest would help a lot.How much does it weigh?

That's the last thing I need, more weight.[&:]
Old 10-26-2007, 05:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

How much does it weigh?
Don't know the exact weight, but I would guesstimate .... next to nothing. It's just a small piece that screws into the end of the foot platform with some self tapping screws. I always felt the foot platform was a little small to begin with on the viper. Seems as if your feet naturally want to hang off the end of the platform while sitting. The footrest really makes it more comfortable.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:05 AM

i just got a bow holder for mine as well. the kind you clamp on to your stand. i always envisioned it clamping on to the lower part of my climber put i ended up putting it on the upper. it's very nice not to have the bow in your lap, i wish i had done it sooner. i've never really condidered a footrest cause the stand i so comfortable to begin with, but it's nice eh. maybe i should give that a run too.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

does it still pack the same??? my buddys tree loung had a bar similar to what the summit foot rest would do...i must agree, i liked it...i never got around to seeing how they attach or if theyd pack the same...id assume they would...

another product i like is the front pouch. REAL handy to keep essentials in...calls, gloves, hat, water, binocs etc...i also keep my tie off rope and hangers in it so they are always with the stand. also seems to block wind and hide some movement...
Old 10-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

does it still pack the same??? my buddys tree loung had a bar similar to what the summit foot rest would do...i must agree, i liked it...i never got around to seeing how they attach or if theyd pack the same...id assume they would...
It packs the same way. The footrest just folds down after. As far as attaching it, that is done in about 3 minutes with some self tapping screws and plastic bushings they send you.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

Tell me about it. I was hunting last night in mine. I usually just lay my bow across the foam padding, it sits perfect!! I get so comfortable in the viper I find myself wanting to doze off also. Last night I was starting to doze off I look up and a young 5 point walked right in front of me! Lovin it
Old 10-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

i love having a bow holder on mine . Maybe i'll have to look into the foot rest thing ?