Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is the Rut here Yet????? >

Is the Rut here Yet?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is the Rut here Yet?????

Old 10-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Is the Rut here Yet?????

bigdaddy2007,

Thanks for the update. I fly into Madison tomorrow at noon. Thinking of skipping the hunt Tuesday evening cause the temps should hit 68 degrees. Wednesday looks decent. Then it seems to be hovering betweenlows of 31 and highs of 53 for the following 7 days. This is my first bow hunt in the Rut and I am so damn stoked!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Farmer friend of mine has seen a couple bucks cruising across roads in the middle of the day which he claims never to see except chase/rut.

I saw a spike sniffing around some does on Saturday and they were very not interested.

Also have seen more deer from the car recently than typical. My guess is early/very early chase around here (central WI).
Old 10-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Hey dvalliere,

I hunt Bear valley. Looks like Tuesday will heat up damn near 70. I figure that should kill any rutting activety. Going to start hunting hard on Wednesday morning.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:51 PM

I just got back Tuesday (10/30) from hunting (started Thurs (10/25))
I would have stayed, but I have some meetings at work. I am leaving tomorrow night again for 4-5 days.
I hunt Pepin, WI. I have 6 different sets of bucks sparring on video. Thursday was light, but by Monday morning fighting was rough, bucks where hitting scrapes and rubs, and the dandy I have trail cams of went from hitting his 1 scrape at 2a.m. to now 2.am., 4a.m., and 6a.m. I called bucks in with rattle and grunts. Saw 2 shooters, but they never came in close enough because they where watching fighting.
I really think this weekend is going to be great action. I plan on sitting on day except for a lunch break. The time is here!

Old 11-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

There starting to run here in Minnesota! A week ago tonight i zipped a 135 class 8 point by rattling him in. He was very aggresive. He stunk unbeleivably! I can still smell the piss from his glands on his hauks in my garage and he was only hanging for 2 days! The woods i hunt has scrapes every where but not seeing too many rubs to speak of. It seems like its kind of hit and miss around here. With all the corn out around here and the rut about to peek in the next week the gunners are going to reek havic on the buck population around here[:@]!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

I going tomorrow morning. Rubs and scrape everywhere....I can't wait.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Spike

I think its started here in northern indiana.

today there was a small forked buck in our back yard and he was looking down the fence row toward the front of our house. The next thing I saw was a large 8 pointbuck(120)come in and chase him away. A doe was with the big buck. The doe had her tail in the air and that large buck was licking her back side up and down. I thought he was going to mount her the way he was going at it.

fasten your seat belts!