Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 sighting in my bow with arrows i do not hunt with >

sighting in my bow with arrows i do not hunt with

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sighting in my bow with arrows i do not hunt with

Old 10-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default sighting in my bow with arrows i do not hunt with

i need to sight in my 30 and 40 yards pins and i have a guy that lets me hunt his land and is going to help me sight it in . I have 3 arrows out of the original dozen i bought good for hunting . The others have the fletches either torn off or have just fallen off .

I do not wont to destroy my last three and thought i might go buy some new arrows i need some bigger arrow anyway i am shooting 200 gr with my bow at 68 pounds and think i should go up to a 300 or so

i have quick spin fletches and 200 gr arrows

if i go up to a 300 gr with regular fletches
is this going to put me off when i go to shoot my 200 gr arrows with the quick spin fletches for hunting

and if i go to the 300 gr arrows for hunting and target is my already set with the quick spin arrow going to be off

and any tips for sighting in a truglo 3 pins sight where to i start at to set it before shooting then i shoot and correct
Old 10-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: sighting in my bow with arrows i do not hunt with

First you NEED NOT GO HUNTING.. UNTIL you get the Proper arrows, and sight your bow in for those arrows. Not two different size arrows.. Of course it will shoot different!! Get your gear together first, sight your bow in with your NEW ARROWS and Broadheads attached, spin test your arrows, and then shoot them. You really should paper tune it first, but I'm not going into that right now. After you get your NEW ARROWS and BROADHEADS sighted in at say 20 yrds, replace the blades or resharpen the blades and there you have your hunting arrows. Your not going to beable to shoot 30 and 40 yrds with broadheads unless your equipment is Tuned right, and by the sounds of it, I highly doubt it is..
Old 10-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

it should be tuned fine for 20 when i got my bow i did not know i had to shoot it at 30 and 40 to sight it

the guy at the pro shop never told me

how do i paper tune it currectly i do not wont to go buy new arrows just because it wont cost to much more then to refletchthe ones i got and tear the fleatchs up on them
Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 PM

Did I read that right? You're shooting a 200 grain arrow on a 68 # draw????? Dude, if that's the case, you're dry firing your bow...

Or do you mean you're shooting 200 SPINE???
Old 10-25-2007, 08:39 PM

Well, I would say refletch your other arrows so you are not just working with three! IMO, you are very unprepared. I would suggest having AT LEAST a half dozen arrows on standby for hunting. What if you miss twice in one sitting? You then only have one arrow.

I would also recommend sighting in your bow with the arrows you plan on hunting with. I had a bad arrow this year that would always fly 6" to the right. I knew that my bow was tuned and I was using the same BH so I knew it was only the arrow. I shoot every arrow with the same broadhead (acts as the control) to ensure my equipment is PERFECT for hunting.

Good luck.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

Did I read that right? You're shooting a 200 grain arrow on a 68 # draw????? Dude, if that's the case, you're dry firing your bow...

Or do you mean you're shooting 200 SPINE???
He said 200 grain arrows. Super fast huh?
Quicksilver better watch out...theres a new speed setup in town.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

First off i dont want to be anywhere near you when youre shooting your bow at 68lbs with a 200gr arrow. Secondly, you need to get your stuff together before stepping into the woods. Thirdly Find a better pro shop that knows what they are doing, get the right arrows for your setup, if your fletches are tearing off then something is out of wack, what rest are you using? Get your bow setup by someone thatKNOWS what they are doing.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, what they said..
Old 10-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

there not coming off during flight only had that happen once when i first got my bow i have open my case and found two of them had atleast one or two of just from sitting have had them for two years and i think the glue was old i plan to get them refletched
ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

First off i dont want to be anywhere near you when youre shooting your bow at 68lbs with a 200gr arrow. Secondly, you need to get your stuff together before stepping into the woods. Thirdly Find a better pro shop that knows what they are doing, get the right arrows for your setup, if your fletches are tearing off then something is out of wack, what rest are you using? Get your bow setup by someone thatKNOWS what they are doing.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Spike

Enough said!

Quick Reply: sighting in my bow with arrows i do not hunt with

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.