Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How long does a release last? >

How long does a release last?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long does a release last?

Old 10-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default How long does a release last?

I have had the same release for 7 years now, I was just wondering do any of you guys have a life span on them. It seems to be as good as the day I bought it. Its a TRU BALL.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How long does a release last?

i was thinking about that myself. i have been using the same trufire since 1995 and it still works great. it was one of the first wrist caliper releases available at the time. i'm just worried one day its going to pop and i'm going to get punched in the face.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:12 PM

you should probly get a new one since you have had that one for so long. but a life span is till you get a gap in beteew the teeth on it .
Old 10-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

i hve had mine for 4 years and it still works fine.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:33 PM

i bought a scott in 1993 and it still works. i have bought a new scott since, they are great
Old 10-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

after this year, i am definently buying atleast 1 more to have...

one morning i woke up to hunt...got dressed..grabbed the gear..bow, quiver...wheres that danged release?? ahh i was shooting last evening..its in the shed or on the pool deck...430am im in the yard with a flashlight...got it searched GOOD and found NOTHING. uht oh....searched the room...the basement...all over...back to the yard...back to the basement and room...FINALLY found it in my bow case i didnt put my bow in there that night...but somehow i put my release in there lol.

really, its one of them things that your UP A CREEK if it breaks/loose it/forget it etc...i really plan to buy atleast 1, maybe 2 more. 1 is going to be a good one...if i buy another, i wont spend big bucks on it..but will be likely a trufire hurricane like i shoot now...keep 1 in the pack, 1 in the truck and 1 on my wrist..that would be nice...drop it from the tree? no problem...forget it at home? no problem for got the pack AND the release at home? no problem....believe me...if it can happen to anyone, its likely to be ME. i can be forgetful...
Old 10-25-2007, 08:08 PM

Depends how you mistreat it.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had to buy one this summer for the first time. I shoot a scott rhino and after about 4-5 years with it shooting more days than not, the pin that holds the head in came out early this summer. I put it back in adn it seemed solid but with a Sept elk hunt coming up I was nervous. Happened again about 4 weeks later and this time I lost the pin. Bought another from Scott, if I was smart i would have bought two since they don't make that release anymore and I got lucky with one found in the back room.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Tru-Fire last year at wal-mart baisically because it was on sale, and it was rediculously cheap! I now have 2 good releases, but the new tru-fie is the one I prefer! The one I had before was the one I bought back in 03 when I first started bow hunting. Works great, except the velcro is starting to wear out a bit!

Quick Reply: How long does a release last?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.