Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

g/f has lime

Old 10-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: g/f has lime

You know Davidmil, your right, something is not adding up here.

One, I doubt there is an ER in the country that could diagnose Lymes Disease, that takes blood work etc and not something done in an ER....at least none around here.

I forget the threads but are you "geterdun1, 2, 3" sure it wasn't chiggers...
Old 10-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

why would i lie about something like this? no it was ticks. i plucked off as many as i could in the 1st day, but one would pop up here one there. lol why would i lie about this? thats funny. sorry i brought it up
Old 10-24-2007, 07:43 PM

Sorry to hear about that. I remember when you posted that thread because I got into a "nest" of ticks myself. I had a rash on my arm a week afterwards and went to the doctor. He didn't think it was Lyme but gave me antibiotics anyway. It was not the bullseye rash. Did you or your GF get a "bullseye" rash?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Not saying you lied about her having lime "Disease". Just that you should have been a little more competent at checking yourselves. If you had enough ticks around that it took 3 weeks somethings wrong. Usually they're there for no more than an hour or two or overnight and they're full and drop off. I'm with Rob. She may have caught Lime Disease alright, but the 3 week fumigation was NOT ticks, probably chiggers.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

trouble is the little muthas get in your truck, house, and everywhere else when you get into a mess of them like they did. It don't take much for one to find you a week or so later that's been waiting to ambush you again once you get back in your vehicle.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:15 PM

Ticks used to be very bad herein Clearfield Co. Not as much now. I've washed and dried clothes are they were still alive and well in the seams. NASTY CREATURES.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Woah! thats not good, if she gets on the right meds she should be fine... Im so suprised I've never had it, so many people I know have gotten it, even my old dog had it. Its real bad in North East MD area... That park would have much better deer huntin if you were alowed to hunt near the camp grounds[:@]
Old 10-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

They freak me out. Had one crawling on my neck while driving the car, damn near wrecked the car. Hung up the deer, stripped down right in the basement, put all clothes in the washer and had my wife check me from head to toes. Not taking any chances.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear about that, hopefully you both get better. Now I am a little curious as to why you started this saying she may have it but after that all you seem to car about is how you hope you don't get it, etc.... Maybe I just think differently but I personally would be more worried about my g/f than myself. Especiall in this case.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:57 PM

geterdun, I hunt Elk Neck as well. More specifically Carter, the same place you and your gf walked through. Those things are the size of the lead tip on a sharpened pencil. The main trail is infested with them as well as the grassy areas in Carter. One day last year, my roommate and I went scouting there. Afterwards, we were both infested with literally hundreds of these things on each of us. However, we did not notice them until the day after when My roommate felt something biting his ankle and as he looked more thoroughly and noticed hundreds of these things embedded in his skin. I also looked more closely and found hundreds on me as well. I do believe they are chiggers, but they look very similar to ticks- they are relatives of each other. this is a chigger:

Whatever you two had, good luck with that. Next time you get them, take duct tape and stick it to your skin and peel it off.This seems to be the most effectiveway to remove them. Showering does not take them all off.
Good luck. The whole part of North east, Md seems to be infested with chiggers and ticks. I go through atleast 2 rolls of duct tape a season on chiggers alone hunting Carter, Rogues, and Turkey Point. BTW, Carter is doing horrible. The first 4 weeks of the season only 3 deer were takin. I am not sure what is up to now, but I know it is producing much even with muzzleloader season.

Quick Reply: g/f has lime

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.