Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Don't you hate this >

Don't you hate this

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Don't you hate this

Old 10-24-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Don't you hate this

You get in to work from bowhunting, or you bump into a neighbor or friend who knows you have been hunting and they askTHE BIGSTUPID QUESTION, which proves they know nothing about hunting. They ask, Did you CATCH anything?... Yeah I caught 2 bucks and a doe in my big deer trap?......... I hate that, now I respond, "no I didn't catch anything in my big capture net, but I didKILL a big fat deer, I blew a great big Rocket Sidewinder through his rib cage and both his lungs and now he is all cut up in nice little pieces in my freezer. yeah you'll get a few odd looks, but they stop asking the big stupid question............DFA
Old 10-24-2007, 01:35 PM

Default RE: Don't you hate this

I"ve never been asked that question. Funny though, and it doesn't surprise me that someone has asked that.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

My wife always asks me "did you catch anything today honey?" I think its cute. I usually tell her I was Hunting not Fishing Dear.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:50 PM

I think I will take out my fishing rod to my stand next time, put a little corn onthe hookand maybe I'll catch the big one. This could be a whole new sport, deer fishing.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Site Buck Guru

I just tell them that I only got one because I was too out of breath to run after the other one.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I live in the heart of hunting country, ive never heard that. But a large part of our economy comes from hunting, so even the nonhunters know the game.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

I just tell them that I only got one because I was too out of breath to run after the other one.
You're on a roll with the jokes today Greg!
Old 10-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like my girlfriend...

heeeeeeres your siiiign.
-Bill Engval
Old 10-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife always asks if I caught one and I always tell her that when I can run that fast I will let her know...
Old 10-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rbeckman

I think I will take out my fishing rod to my stand next time, put a little corn onthe hookand maybe I'll catch the big one. This could be a whole new sport, deer fishing.
Ya know, that just sounds like it could be fun!! I can bait here in NC. If a young deer came in and I had a full ear of corn on a hook and everytime it tried to bite the corn, jerk it a few inches away from it and see what happens!

Quick Reply: Don't you hate this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.