Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot the new Hoyts last night!!! >

Shot the new Hoyts last night!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot the new Hoyts last night!!!

Old 10-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot the new Hoyts last night!!!

Well, last night I took a ride to the shop and they had four of the new Hoyts in. The Katera, Katera XL, and the Katera with the original Cam and 1/2 for adjustable draw length. The Katera is like the new Vectrix. one work: AWESOME. The XL and Katera are phenomenal. They have re-done the cam a little and it is more round, so the draw cycles are great, but they are getting speeds in the 320's. The one I shot (XL)at 70# with a 395 grain arrow was getting 317 at 30". Pretty sweet rig. The one with the cam and 1/2 (sory, can't recall the exact name) was very nice as well. A little slower, but the draw was great.

They have also re-done the camo. Realtree APG is what they are using this year, and it is more defined that the camo on the Vectrix. Still black cams and pockets. the new strings are green and cream, which looks sweet with the new camo. Hoyt is definitely going to be selling LOTS of these bows this year. Check your shops, they may be in!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shot the new Hoyts last night!!!

any word on price?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds great. I look forward to trying the new line out once one of the local shops gets them in.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

the new hoyt line is a complete disapointment, ive been a hoyt shooter for 13 years now and cant believe their line up this year, complete disapointment in my eyes....
Old 10-24-2007, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Hoytshooter4life

the new hoyt line is a complete disapointment, ive been a hoyt shooter for 13 years now and cant believe their line up this year, complete disapointment in my eyes....
I was a little shocked as well. I thought they would have really come out w/ something this year, but not so.

I will say though, I am keeping an open mind until I shoot one. The new cam could make the difference. I'm working at the shop tonight, HOPEFULLY one will be in. If so, I'll shoot it, and if I like it......Well, it just may come home w/ me....
Old 10-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whats with the brace height on the Katera.....6" I believe.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also just shot them, I am at work as we speak actually. They are all very nice bows. We got the same shipment yooper is talking about. The new "Z3" cam, pulls a little harder towards the back end but has quiet a bit of valley to it. Still a VERY sweet shooting cam.

I can't believe Yooper didn't comment on the weight difference. I picked up the Katera first and my first words were, "Wow they are a lot lighter." Last year I think they tipped the scales at about 5,2lbs and this year the Katera is around 4,7 I believe. That's a big plus.

As Yoop mentioned, the camo does look very good, I like it alot, but it honestly doesnt differentiate that much between last years. The finsish however seems to be a bit smoother, which I like. The green and cream strings also compliment the bow pretty well, we'll see if they turn out like the usual Fuse garbage. Hopefully they don't. Usually Fuse strings have way too many lemons in the bunch. They seem to be about half and half ratio between good and bad.

They shot just as smooth and shock free as the last year Vulcan/Vectrix. Still some sweet shooters, I may take a few pics, they will be with my phone though.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well when compared to the full line of bowtech/diamond this year, its hard for any manufacturer to live up to that...But still i definatly like they new bows that they did come up with.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's the new cam

Old 10-24-2007, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

Whats with the brace height on the Katera.....6" I believe.
It's the EXACT same bow as the Vulcan, just the new cam.

The Vectrix Plus is the EXACT bow as the Vectrix, new cam.

The Katera XT is the EXACT same bow as the Vectrix XT, new cam.

I haven't shot them, but I'm not that impressed as yet....

Elite on the other hand........Look out folks.

Quick Reply: Shot the new Hoyts last night!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.