Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 scent lock clothes in the store >

scent lock clothes in the store

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scent lock clothes in the store

Old 10-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: scent lock clothes in the store

Just a few quick points:

1. Washing Scent-Lok garments does have an effect on their lifespan, and they should be washed sparingly. Every time you wash them, carbon is removed from the fabric. Most people can get away with 2-3 washings tops per year, if they maintain them properly. Don't wear them in your truck, in your house, at work, etc. And don't wear them when you're dragging out your deer, gutting your deer, etc. This will help maintain their effectiveness and longevity.

2. The garments are meant to be worn for 30-40 hours under normal hunting conditions before being reactivated in the dryer. If you take care of them as I mentioned above, you don't need to wash them.

3. Scent-Lok says that a suit will last 3-4 years under normal hunting conditions with proper care.

That's all for now.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Because it doesn't REALLY matter?
I agree. Ive got buddies who spend$100son scent loc,and have less success than I. They get a false sense of security and dont realize that most of ourstink comes from our mouth. Play the wind, and save the money.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scent lok has a replacement gaurentee I believe. I wonder if they'd let you return the suit after cutting it open and exposing the fact that there's hardly any carbon in the suit to begin with. My suit tore open in season one and the amount of carbon in the suit looked like a slighly spinkled cup cake.

I bet a sprinkle cup cake would work better than scent lok or blocker.

All for cup cake cover scents say I.

Tom
Old 10-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Aye!
Old 10-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahhh.. the great scent lok debate. Does it work? Doesn't it work? Is their life after death? Will the world end? What ever happened to Scott Baio?

I will tell you this and it is honest god's truth. I have had no less than 20 deer downwind of me over the past 8 weeks while hunting. I am as ANAL as it gets when hunting and scent control. (I do use scent-lok, baselayers, dead down wind, gum-o-flage etc.) Not one deer has spooked. A couple have stopped for a brief moment to smell the air and that is all. One of those include a 145" buck that was DIRECTLY downwind of 1 hunter, 1 cameraman, and lots of equipment.

As a matter of fact the last deer who even MILDLY got nervous (while I was hunting) and was also completely downwind is the buck you see below...

Old 10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Also, Scent Lok was rejected by the U.S. Patent Office
Just about every new product is rejected by the patent office at least once before their patent is granted. So how can you use the fact that their first patent was rejected in an argument when subsequent patents were approved?

Having a patent rejected has very little to do with your product, and a lot to do with the wording of your application.

Also, the amount of success a particular individual has or doesn't have has a lot more to do with where they hunt, how they hunt, and about a million other factors besides whether or not they use Scent-Lok. A guy can wear as much Scent-Lok as he wants but if he's hunting in the wrong spot at the wrong time on a farm that doesn't hold monster bucks, chances are he's not going to kill one. And likewise, you can be the stinkiest person in the world and if you're on a great farm with big deer and one walks upwind of you, you're going to kill him Scent-Lok or not.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Because it doesn't REALLY matter?
I agree. Ive got buddies who spend$100son scent loc,and have less success than I. They get a false sense of security and dont realize that most of ourstink comes from our mouth. Play the wind, and save the money.
Two types hunters buy scentLok

1.AHunter looking for every advantage he can

2.AHunter looking to help cover up his poor hunting methods

To say it does not work for some, and does for others is pointless. More about hunter than anything.
I know guys who buy the best and fastest bows and still miss, and then I know guys who shoot the slowest most beat up bows I have ever seen and never miss

You know I watch a realtree comercial this weekend, Bill said I would vanish.I put some on, and to my suprise, I was still visble to my wife

Old 10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dukemichaels,

Cut your suit open and see for yourself. If you can sew then this shouldn't be that big of deal.

All you proved by your story and pic is that you don't stink to a deer (ie scent control)or that the wind pattern is most of the time in your favor. You're doing lots of things right is most likely the best answer to why you have sucess.

I sleep in an old mildewy trailer and wear my hunting clothes even to bed some nights and my buddies smoke and I've had deer right under me with no clue on multiple occaisions. I've also had them blow and bolt too.

Tom
Old 10-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Ahhh.. the great scent lok debate. Does it work? Doesn't it work? Is their life after death? Will the world end? What ever happened to Scott Baio?

I will tell you this and it is honest god's truth. I have had no less than 20 deer downwind of me over the past 8 weeks while hunting. I am as ANAL as it gets when hunting and scent control. (I do use scent-lok, baselayers, dead down wind, gum-o-flage etc.) Not one deer has spooked. A couple have stopped for a brief moment to smell the air and that is all. One of those include a 145" buck that was DIRECTLY downwind of 1 hunter, 1 cameraman, and lots of equipment.

As a matter of fact the last deer who even MILDLY got nervous (while I was hunting) and was also completely downwind is the buck you see below...

Now for the $100 question, what was the conditions? Up draft, I would suspect? Ive been stinky as all get out, and had lots of deer down wind while I work. It was all in the fact the wind was rising, or blowing over the deer.

Quick Reply: scent lock clothes in the store

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.