Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another where would you sit.....HYBRID PHOTO ADDED >

Another where would you sit.....HYBRID PHOTO ADDED

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another where would you sit.....HYBRID PHOTO ADDED

Old 10-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another where would you sit.....HYBRID PHOTO ADDED

Mo, are there any trails cut through the place? i.e 4 wheelers trails, logging roads?

Honestly it's very hard to pick a spot there, it's probably just going to take you getting out there and doing a little scouting.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:28 PM

This is a place I fairly familiar with. And when it comes to does......I got them pegged. I'm really wanting to focus my energies on buck travel routes.......Funnels.

There is a 4 wheeler/logging road around the circumference of the big ridge, dead center. If you'll see that saddle on the western edge of that, I let a yearling 4 point walk there last year. The SE point dropping off that ridge, I saw a nice 8 last year, and the NE corner of that ridge, a 120" 8........Brian shot a GIANT in the valley just to the north of that ridge.....
Old 10-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow that looks alot different than i thought!

the ridge and slight saddles and points to the north of the road look interesting to me..as does the next point to the north(NW on map)...

really like that point between them 2...theres the small valley with that point between the hillsides..

i really dont know...that all kinda stands out to me...
Old 10-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

If there are oaks around the ravines (big ditches to those in MO) that's where you want to be. I have attached your hybrid with yellow circles for you. hehehe
Old 10-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

your right on focusing on funnels...thats why the saddles and points stand out...i never liked hunting bottoms...wind is a PIA and i like to be either on a bench or point or up on a ridge...

though i killed my buck in the bottom this year....

other than the bedding area not being too far, i honestly dont know why that spot has always been good to my buddy...and now me. guess it is the only real opening in that bottom...wierd spot...but it worked...wind was HECK though. swirled ALL morning. i sat there hoping my scent control was upto par(knowing i didnt spray down before i left camp..im used to leaving my truck, not camp..i keep my DDW in the truck..never brought it in...though everything was sprayed, aired out and stored...guess it worked lol..
Old 10-22-2007, 06:48 PM

AF, there are oaks there, in fact, it's almost exclusively black oak. And I mean that quite literally....of all those trees, I would bet a doughnut 95% of them are black oaks.

They bed quite literally everywhere. This place really is big......Which is why it's so difficult to hunt. Mauser, I've set on that slight saddle and that ridge to the north. In fact, that ridge is one of my favorite spots. I see deer there all the time, but they're all......................does........[&o]

If you head all the way to the north, there's a small inside corner on the side of a ridge....That's the spot I'm really thinking about hunting this weekend, wind permitting.....I'll put a yellow dot there...

Old 10-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would hunt that saddle right in the middle of the property if your going in blind. Find some oaks up there and hunt HI. Looks like a nice piece of land! Good Luck and be safe!

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

There has got to be a good trail going around the end of that ridge, or maybe even up the hill out there where the red dot is.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I did not read the posts before[:@]Your not going in blind!! That saddle sure looks nice though.

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-22-2007, 07:04 PM

John, we've killed MANY a doe right there where your red dot is. MANY. We have not, however, seen even ONE buck there. Can't figure it out.

Quick Reply: Another where would you sit.....HYBRID PHOTO ADDED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.