Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 Blade Heads?

Old 10-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default 2 Blade Heads?

For some reason I've always wanted to try a 2 blade head. Like the Stinger or the Silver Flames. I have no clue why, but to me a two blade head just has more "appeal".

What are the advantages and disadvantages of shooting a two blade head? I knew a few, but want to see what some of the more exp. bow hunters think?
Old 10-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2 Blade Heads?

Go with rage 2 blades! I bought a pack for this year, take a look at the holes the 2 blade rage's are making.Everywhere you look there is another pic of a huge hole in the side of a deer from a rage 2 bade.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah. I have the Rage 3 blade.

But just as stated above, Mech.don't appeal to me.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

well, the advantages to using a 2 blade are that they are the best penetrating head there is. If you are shooting a low poundage bow, you would want to shoot a bear type head. They are also resharpenable which is nice. The disadvantages are that they tend to wind plane more than either 3 blade or mechanical heads.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:29 PM

Shot and killed many deer with the Magnus 2 blade
Old 10-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

During a "normal" day, inwhich there isn't enough wind to worry about "catching" your arrow, is there much of a difference b/t the way they fly compared to a 3 or 4 blade head?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

I like to use them with a recurve bow or long bow there great for that but I like too shoot 4 or 3 blade for my compound but I shoot like a 60 pound draw on my bow but still that ant that far from your poundage too depending on your bow you could swich to a differnt bh if you are douting the abelity of your 2 blade ones right now.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Typical Buck

Right now I have ThunderHeads and 3 Blade Rages.

I don't doubt either one of them. Both are proven.

Its hard to explain......I've never tried two blade heads, but have always wanted to b/c for some reason they just appeal to me more. When I picture an arrow in my head...i picture an arrow with a two blade head...not a three or four.... maybe i am just weird, huH?

i really want to try the Silver FLames, but man....they are very expensive....
Old 10-22-2007, 05:29 AM

2 blades are the best penetrators as stated above. Nothing can fail like mechanical heads can. Now, I use and like mechanicals, but there is always the possibility that the blades may not open. I like the magnus stinger. I am shooting 100 grain stingers from my recurve and they fly exactly like my field points. I havent tried them from my compound yet but I will soon.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Well I've taken a bull elk with one arrow and using 125 grain Eastman First Cut braodheads.. They are the old school two blade fixedheads. Worked as expected and went through the animal. I also finished off another bull elk that my buddy liver shot. We were tracking it and I found it bedded down,I finished it off with two shots, he was sick and not moving fast. Both broadheads went through and double lunged him. That's it for my archery kills experience.. Both with 2 bladed simple fixedEastman broadheads... I have no negative experience from these broadheads.. That's all the facts I have to report..

I am using a compound bow 70lbs, with release and don't need this broadhead but I know what StrutNtom means when he says they apeal to him. For some reason I just like the simplicity.. Can't explain.

Obviously more cutting surfaces would would cut more but the name of the game is a well placed shot.. That is the experience of my peers..

If I were to stray away from my current broadheads I might look at the Steel Force Phat Heads orSonics (Buckmasters)but will most likely stay with what I have.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: 2 Blade Heads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.