Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 gettin close show what the heck are they doing >

gettin close show what the heck are they doing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

gettin close show what the heck are they doing

Old 10-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default gettin close show what the heck are they doing

I was watching a gettin close eps..today from last week.

They were in Canada hunting big bucks

On day two lee got a velvet buck

And on day three they were standing around looking at it and scoring it . They were all in cool weather clothes . And lee even said lets get him in the cooler the flys are getting him .

Did not even look like he was field dressed

What the heck i have seen a few post about how they act and the shots they take.

Is it just me or does it seem like there there to show off companies and get some big racks and could care less what happen to the deer before and after the shot .

I have always been told you get the deer cold as soon as possible not stand around and look at the rack .

I would think you would get it field dress and cold and butchered then worry about the rack..

Sad day when even the pros we look up to . Do not seem to have any respect for the animal that they just killed .
Old 10-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: gettin close show what the heck are they doing

To be honest, I watched the same show and wondered the same thing. Even after day 3, I believe day 7 when Don shot his buck they showed the two bucks laying and posed together. That would be 5 days without skinning the animal....? ? ? Don't they eat them? Weird....
Old 10-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

my guessis they donate the meat or just trash it i have not finished watching it is on dvr let me go see
Old 10-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

I watched an eps. a while back where Tiffany got a nice buck on their farm. They left the buck hanging in their barn for days and I don't think it was gutted either.

I hate to say it, but yes. I think they just throw the meat away.[:'(][:'(]

On a better note....damn Tiffany is hott!
Nontypical Buck

Wait, I was just getting ready to write something to the affect that they probably clean the deer up for presentation sake, but ya same deer days later with skin. Didn't hit me until you guys said it.
Nontypical Buck

If they are keeping it in a walkin cooler, you can hang them for 5+ days with nothing to be worried about. Just like with beef, its better if its aged. Lots of people will hang a side of beef for several days.All that skinning them would do is dry it out and loose meat. As long as the deer is field dressed and washed out and kept in the cooler its no big deal to pull it out for a few minutes to take some pictures.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

I was thinking on the Eps. that I watched that in Iowa ( think thats where their farm is) that it gets cold enough during deer season to keep the deer just hanging like that in a barn, but it didn't look gutted?
Old 10-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope they donate the meat, but after sitting around for 3 days without being field dressed I don't know who'd want to eat that.

They must kill so many deer between the two of them that they probably don't eat all that venison themselves.

I hope those animals died for something more noble than just TV ratings and product marketing. I'd probably quit watching hunting shows if I found out they just dump the meat and keep thehide and antlers for a mount in the name of selling more scentlok suits or bad boy buggies.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

i finished wasting it on dvr they did rag it out five days later did not look like either where field dress

nor skinned

as for aging i read and posted two different links that said aging deer that were shot in 60 plus temps was a waste of time because if it is killed in high temps around 65 and does not run for hundreds of yards the heat quick ages it . And it also said that aging deer is not recommend because due to the low fat it drys it out and since there is no fat it does not get to much more tender.

but it did say a max of 3to 5 days would not hurt if keep at around 33 to 38 degrees

what i have a problem with is that they let the deer sit to take a stupid picture of the two together
Old 10-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Spike

Please tell me you guys are not serious ...and are saying this stuff with no proof . Are you really telling me that taking the time to take some pics is going to ruin the meat? You guys really look for something to dis these people and even if there is nothing there you make it up.

Quick Reply: gettin close show what the heck are they doing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.