Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finally, yes yes yes!!!!!!! >

Finally, yes yes yes!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally, yes yes yes!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Spike

Default Finally, yes yes yes!!!!!!!

Finally I got my first deer with a bow this morning!!!!

I went out this morning feeling like today is the day. about 10:00 nothing. I knew the deer are still in the corn fields around here so I thought that I might try a still hunt in a big oak patch. I have tried this before and never ever successful with any weapon, but felt lucky.

I put the wind in my face and headed down a trail to limit the noise. After 100 yards or so I stop to look around again when I saw a yound doe feeding around a big oak tree 30 yards away and she didn't know I was there!! I watched her for over an hour being paitent waiting for the right shot. I got to within 15 yards of her when she was going to cross my lane to shot. as i started to draw she jogged off to the next ridge still not knowing i was there.

Then as I started to move she finally saw me and blew at me 12 times and bolted. I watched her every move. I gave her a few min. to calm down and started back down the trail the way I came. when I got to the edged I spotted her again. This time in the open woods. She ended up walking right back to where i first saw her, but i was in the middle!!

I let her get to within 10 yards facing me. I knew this is not the best shot with a bow but I KNEW with all my heart I could this shot at 10 yards. I drew back and then she turned to look at me. I had one branch in the way so I started to crouch down and when I got past the branch I let the arrow fly and SMACK she rolled uder a fallin tree to never get up again!!

The shot was good but I should be honest, The arrow was perfect right were I was aiming, but she was skittish and she dropped when I realest the arrow and the arrow went though her head out the back and into her spine and then rested in her lung. I feel horrible about how it ended up, because I don't agree with head shots at all. To many risks with wounding a deer but this was an act of nature. I just thank GOD for hunting memories, the hunt, and the end result was a dead deer and not a wounded one.

Thanks guys for sharring this with me. I will post pics if I can figure out how to do it, or if someone can give me there e-mail I will send them to you if you will post them for me.

YES YES YES I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 03:51 PM

Default RE: Finally, yes yes yes!!!!!!!

MEAT ON THE TABLE...
way to go on getting number one...
stuff happens .... you made a risky shot and you found out why its a risky shot.... it ended up great and it sounds like you might have learned to be a bit more paitent next time.....dont beat yourself up too badly because its hard to argue with success.... learn and go on.....
Old 10-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

i got my first deer almost 1 year ago. now i have gotten 4 total.

congrats
Old 10-20-2007, 06:00 PM

Congrats, that's an awesome feeling, isn't it? I remember my first deer w/my bow was a 7pt. buck. Same thing as you, he turned when I shot. My arrow when thru the jewel box & into his rear leg. I ended up cutting a main artery in his leg. But boy did I feel terrible for shooting him there.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS!!!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 06:42 PM

congrats
Old 10-20-2007, 07:22 PM

ORIGINAL: in da woods

Congrats, that's an awesome feeling, isn't it? I remember my first deer w/my bow was a 7pt. buck. Same thing as you, he turned when I shot. My arrow when thru the jewel box & into his rear leg. I ended up cutting a main artery in his leg. But boy did I feel terrible for shooting him there.
Ouch!

A friend of mine just had one jump his string on 38 yard shot and the arrow struck her in the hind quarters. One would think this wouldn't be a fatal hit, but let me tell you. It was as if the woods were spray painted by the Philadelphia Graffiti artist. She was spraying blood out both sides on the laurels. Went 100 yards. He got lucky that the arrow found a fatal home.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats and many more
Old 10-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 10-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

I'll offer you contrats on your first bowkill, you'll never for get it. But I'd also like to warn ya not to make a habit of taking a straight-on, or for that matter, even quartering-to shot, on ANY deer, at ANY distance, espically one who is alert to your presence. An inch of movement the wrong way and you would've had a bawling yearling bounding off through the woods with what most likely wouldn't have been a quick demise. Wait for the right shot, it'll come. I'm not trying to burst your bubble, only offer some advice so you can avoid a possible future problem. BTW, nice doe, she'll be good eatin!

Quick Reply: Finally, yes yes yes!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.