Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow got soaked - anything I shoud know? >

Bow got soaked - anything I shoud know?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow got soaked - anything I shoud know?

Old 10-20-2007, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bow got soaked - anything I shoud know?

I went out last night for my first evening hunt of the year. A front was moving through and the temp was in the mid 70's. There was a very slight chance of rain in the area I hunt, so I figured it wouldn't rain. Hell, we havn't had any rain in months around here. Didn't see anything at all, deer wise the first few hours, but then all of a sudden there's this downpour. I got soaked real good and so did my bow. I'm wondering if there are any special precautions I should follow? When I called it quits for the day, I wiped it off and hung it up when I got home. Most likely it will not rust or anything. I'm worried about the moving parts like the cam axles. What is your advice following a good soaking?
Old 10-20-2007, 06:28 AM

Default RE: Bow got soaked - anything I shoud know?

I went out to Franklin Co. last night and got a little wet too. It started to pour down about 15 minutes before last light. My bow got soaked aswell. I usually just wipe mine dry, draw it back a few times, and call it good.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

So Duc, how is your season going so far? I've only been out 4 times and have seen and heard deer, but no shot opportunities. I'm kind of getting discouraged. I figured with the front moving through and overcast conditions the deer would be moving yesterday, but I didn't see any.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:44 AM

I went up to Natural Bridge (hometown) last week and got a doe on Friday. I've been hunting Franklin Co. a lot and I've been seeing TONS of deer, no shooters though. I know of a couple nice bucks on that property...trying to connect with them. Yesterday, I only saw two deer. I'm just waiting on the bucksto get stupid.

I know I've asked before but whereabout inBotetourt Co.do you live? I hope your luck changes.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

I live about a mile from the Cloverdale post office, just about a mile from the Roanoke Co. line. I only hunt my own land, which is in the Eagle Rock area, that way I don't have to buy a license.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:34 AM

Ok, I know about where you are talking about. What proshop do you normally use, if any?

Old 10-20-2007, 09:18 AM

make sure you wax your string
Old 10-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: barredrock

make sure you wax your string
agreed. and dont leave your bow in the case, let the case and the bow air out.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a couple of fellow VA guys here. I'm in Albemarle Co. (near Charlottesville). Did a morning hunt today, saw 4 does out of range. Then came the cows -- im hunting some woods that border a pasture. Other than that it was uneventful. How are things down your guys' way?

BTW, like Ducsauce said, I'd just wipe the bow down, then wax the string. Should be good to go after that.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was hunting last weekend and it started poring down on me so i went home and the first thing i did was ddry my bow off nice a clean.

then i let it sit out for a couple hours then i went back over it with a hair dryer. the next day i shot the bow and its going good so far.

Quick Reply: Bow got soaked - anything I shoud know?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.