Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CHECKMATE!

Old 10-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: CHECKMATE!

Troy
1st off ,congrats on a very symetrical buck, I rough scored him at 143 2/8's by the size of your width of your hand on his beam at 4inches across. He'll look great beside the other 2 great bucks that adorn your living room walls. Now Dee has her view on what she needs to surpass your buck.Think she can do it?? What other buck have you hidden ? Hope she's not as competative as you are,but then again she probably is from her sporting background.Hat's off to you my friend,God shurly has blessed you with the gift of hunting great bucks. We'll have to get togetherin the future againfor another hunt. Your freind in Christ ,Rocky
Old 10-19-2007, 06:44 PM

ORIGINAL: shed33

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Again Troy, congrats on the fine buck!

Do you happen to have any pics of your blind? I'm interested to see your setup.
Duc..

I build a lot of them.. hunting public grounds I make them very inconspicuious but there are a few important factors thatI have learned from mistakes...to incorperate into all of them.. In other words I'd bet 99% of the guys around herewould walk by my blinds and not see them..but once I tuck into them they work well.. I use native habitat and always have a"wall" so to speak on both sides to shield a bucks view of me, while I can see him through it...this allows me to draw early before he gets out in front of me or inthe open.. when he can see me..its too late..

I'd be glad to do a little pictorial..I shoot some photos of a few of mine if you'd like..
Troy

That would be awesome! I've built blinds before but I'm just curious to see your setup. Obviously they work. Thanks.

Donnie
Old 10-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys mine are not elaborate..instead I look more for the right break in a brush pocket or thicket of saplings.. K.I.S.S. principle I guess. Yeah I'll get in a couple of mine this weekend I have a camera to check and another buck to hunt, I'll try shooting some different angles of photos from an approaching bucks perspective..wind direction I use the blinds..etc..
Old 10-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: youngfart

Troy
1st off ,congrats on a very symetrical buck, I rough scored him at 143 2/8's by the size of your width of your hand on his beam at 4inches across. He'll look great beside the other 2 great bucks that adorn your living room walls. Now Dee has her view on what she needs to surpass your buck.Think she can do it?? What other buck have you hidden ? Hope she's not as competative as you are,but then again she probably is from her sporting background.Hat's off to you my friend,God shurly has blessed you with the gift of hunting great bucks. We'll have to get togetherin the future againfor another hunt. Your freind in Christ ,Rocky

Hey thanks Rocky, hows the Alberta big buck hunter doing tonight? Seeing your any monsters up there..??? you nailed his gross score Rocky.. hes 144 and change.. now tell me you didnt already peek... LOL

Dee actually went up behind the house tonight...For the first time..EVER I am babysitting and she is hunting alone! Its not dark yet I hope she gets a shot.. Shes rifle hunting for a cow elk..from our family stand.... She should be home here in about 15 minutes..

Take care Rock..tell Edith hi... Yeah we need to hook up again..for big whitetails up there or what ever down here..
Old 10-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats, Troy, on the fantastic deer. I could sense the elation in your post. Great job. I guess that scentlok didn't hurt none. Count me in as one of those that would like to see some of your set ups.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Troy you deserved it buddy. That is a pig of a deer.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tremendous buck Troy...way to go.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great job Troy, congratulations. I love it when a plan all comes together and obviously your's did. Again great job on a great buck.
P.S. Would like to see your blind work also.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fantastic Deer! Congratulations!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Shed.....

I have a plan to take one from the ground, next year, with my longbow. Add me to the list of those interested in your ground blind setup. If it's REALLY simple.....I guess a really simple description will suffice! If you get up near one, though....I'd love to (and I don't think I'm alone) see a photo or two.

Quick Reply: CHECKMATE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.