Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting with kids >

Hunting with kids

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting with kids

Old 10-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting with kids

I will be taking my 3.5 year old daughter with me tonight for a 2 hour sit. She always wants to go with me and I hate leaving when she cries. I promised her I would take her out in the ground blind one evening. I doubt we will see any deer with all the noise she will be making but if by chance we do she will probably get really excited and shout so everythin will hear us. I am buying my season choice tag so the first deer that walks by is getting an arrow thru it. I would love to see her face if we did get one when she was with me. She is always waiting on me when I get home to check and see if I was successful. I can not wait to get her out there and see what happens.

Does anyone else take kids out that are this young, or am I just crazy?

I think I will have to take pictures of this and post them up for Farmcountry contest.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting with kids

I was with my dad when I was a little over 2. Good Luck, Be safe!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats great that she is interested. I hope you guys see something you can see her eyes light up. Good luck to ya.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

It was one of the best experiences ever this year taking my 5 year old son this year on opening day. I thought he would get impatient also, but we only had to sit for 3 hours.

And take pics!!! It is a memory you never want to forget.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pictures. That is great you were able to put a deer down with him. I hope we just see any critters that she can enjoy watching.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:59 PM
RT1
Fork Horn

dude, good luck, I've taken my 5.5 yr. old out twice this year. The problem is he won't sit still or he asks way too many questions, so he won't stop talking. Thank god he listens and only lightly whispers. The best is after 30 minutes he says "dad theres no deer, can we go in." I made him sit sunday night with me in my 2 person ladder stand for over 2hours. We made it! The best thing was when we were walking in, he said thanks for taking me deer hunting, I don't get to spend enough time with you. He's right, and I knew I wasn't going to see anything that night. He's learning I figure and why not expose him to it and show him what it's going to take to be a good hunter, =patience. I just kept rubbing his head while walking in a saying you did really good, your learning, and I had fun being with you.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

taking kids is great, i started taking my oldest when he was about 7, he showed no interest until then. My youngest is now 8 and is just now showing interest, i have taken him but it was just to hot and he did not make it until quitting time, i had told him anytime he wants to leave it would be ok. Thats the key with kids (baby steps) dont push them, let them lead at there own pace. My oldest is eat up with hunting now, he cant get enough, he is fifteen and has already taken a buck and a doe with his bow. two bucks with firearms and 5 does. He has taken 5 big toms also, he is the best hunting buddy i have ever had. hope yours ends up the same way by the way, the oldest can voice gobble like you would not believe.
i included some pics with my kids. keep the kids in the outdoors people, they love it to.

my little angel on the left

Old 10-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

Good thing your kids look like Beth...

Up with honcho

Dinka de Mayo
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

taking kids is great, i started taking my oldest when he was about 7, he showed no interest until then. My youngest is now 8 and is just now showing interest, i have taken him but it was just to hot and he did not make it until quitting time, i had told him anytime he wants to leave it would be ok. Thats the key with kids (baby steps) dont push them, let them lead at there own pace. My oldest is eat up with hunting now, he cant get enough, he is fifteen and has already taken a buck and a doe with his bow. two bucks with firearms and 5 does. He has taken 5 big toms also, he is the best hunting buddy i have ever had. hope yours ends up the same way by the way, the oldest can voice gobble like you would not believe.
i included some pics with my kids. keep the kids in the outdoors people, they love it to.

my little angel on the left
Old 10-18-2007, 05:01 PM

I took my daughter twice when she was 5- we had a doe come down a hill about 15 yards from us and bust us- it started blowing at us- when it left she asked " daddy, why didn't you shoot it?!" It was just a liitle thing, but she has talked about it a hundred times. She loved it!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well we had a good time and she was halfway quite the whole two hours. We brought a coloring book and some snacks and she was happy. We didn't see any deer but a squirrel kept her occupied for about 15 minutes climbing up and down a couple of trees the were about 5 yards away. I brought the camera and went to take a picture and the batteries were dead. That was saddening. I was hoping for some pictures of her first time out in the blind.

Quick Reply: Hunting with kids

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.