HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Terrible Morning.....Man's affect on nature (Graphic) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/212685-terrible-morning-mans-affect-nature-graphic.html)

GMMAT 10-18-2007 07:21 AM

Terrible Morning.....Man's affect on nature (Graphic)

I went to a productive stand of mine about 5:45 this morning. I won't get into any details of the hunt.....because it was not to be.

About first light.....I was just looking around....and I looked not 7-8yds from the base of my tree and saw what I "thought" was a bedded doe (which I quickly discerned wasn't the case). Here's what I saw, upon further inspection.

GMMAT 10-18-2007 07:24 AM

RE: Terrible Morning.....Man's affect on nature (Graphic)

A closer view......I could tell where she struggled.....with all the area cleared underneath her where she had thrashed.

statjunk 10-18-2007 07:25 AM

Gmmat,

I see it now with the second pic. Man tha must have sucked.

Tom

BobCo19-65 10-18-2007 07:26 AM

Sad.

Germ 10-18-2007 07:26 AM

ouch!!!!!

GMMAT 10-18-2007 07:26 AM

My lansdowner wa son the property about 7:30.....and my hunt was over, anyways. He was repairing some fence at a spot about 200yds away.

He told me of another deer that had been hit at the bottom of my driveway (one was hit, there, Friday morning). I went home to get my trailer......and I picked up both deer to take to another woodlot. 2 does.....in a few days.

I'm not sure whether to stop trying to take them....or to attempt to take more. I'm torn.

MN/Kyle 10-18-2007 07:26 AM

2nd pic clears it up. Sad, wonder how long it took for her to expire[>:]

GR8atta2d 10-18-2007 07:27 AM

Well...thats a shame...Odd she couldn't jump it or free herself..She is dead, Obviously..bleed out or internal injury??

Well one less doe..graphic and horrible yes..but your work is being done.

gzg38b 10-18-2007 07:27 AM

Man that's terrible. Whata horrible way to die. I'd rather take an arrow through the boiler room any day than to die stuck on a barbed wire fence. How long do you think she'd been there?

huntingson 10-18-2007 07:27 AM

EDITED:

That is a sad sight my friend. Fences are a dangerous thing for wild animals. We had a doe come to my parents' pond when I was a kid that laid in the water and died after empaling herself on a fence post. What a terrible way to go. In Colorado we have had to kill mule deer that were entangled in fencing, but one time we actually got to free a calf elk. That was a neat experience.