HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Terrible Morning.....Man's affect on nature (Graphic) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/212685-terrible-morning-mans-affect-nature-graphic.html)

Howler 10-18-2007 07:41 AM

RE: Terrible Morning.....Man's affect on nature (Graphic)

I've found the skeleton remains of 3 deer that had caught their hind legs between the upper strands of barbed wire. I think it happens more than we all know. The coyotes will clean up the carcasses, if there are coyotes around. Mother nature is cruel sometimes.

mexhuntr 10-18-2007 07:44 AM

Too bad to hear it!! sorry GMMAT:(

MN/Kyle 10-18-2007 07:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Howler

I've found the skeleton remains of 3 deer that had caught their hind legs between the upper strands of barbed wire. I think it happens more than we all know. The coyotes will clean up the carcasses, if there are coyotes around. Mother nature is cruel sometimes.
mother nature, or humans without really knowing it?

Browning_1 10-18-2007 07:50 AM

Deer getting stuck in fences is a pretty common occurence. We've found several over the years. We actually freed a 10pt a few years ago. His leg had gotten entagled between the top and middle strand.

PA Bow/Flinter 10-18-2007 07:53 AM

Wow, that really is a shame...I hope she didn't suffer too long.

turtleshell 10-18-2007 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Well thanks, GR8. She either lived for several days (after she was hit)....or she lived for a few weeks. There were no other wounds on her. I hunted this stand both Saturday morning and Saturday evening. So.....it's been since then that this occurred.

By the shape she was in....and the fact that she wasn't extremely stiff (entirely)....I'd say she died yesterday, there. The small doe fawn was likely killed in the last day or so, too.

Once rigor sets in they'll be stiff for a while, but they'll eventually limber back up so its hard to judge by that. I feel sorry that the deer had to suffer but I wouldn't let it bother ME or affect the way I hunt. If you feel differently then I can respect that. Its entirely your choice and uou have to do what feels right to you. Good hunting

peakrut 10-18-2007 07:55 AM

No Respect for this animal at all!quote]ORIGINAL: GMMAT

It's been well-documented that I've wounded two deer, this year. Upon further examination of the doe in the fence.....I realized she was one of them. At least I know I didn't kill her......but I wish she'd gone via my arrow. Here's the wound.....

[/quote]

HuntingBry 10-18-2007 08:01 AM

Man, what a shame. I hate to see anything go out like that. The sad thing is we all know she suffered and didn't go out quickly. That is very unfortunate, but as was said before it happens far more often than any of your us would like.

buckhunter14 10-18-2007 08:06 AM

That's a tough one... Good luck on the rest of the season!

MC Bowhunter 10-18-2007 08:09 AM

This happens all the time. Yes it's sad to see that's for sure. But not much can be done about it. I doubt the arrow wound had anything to do with it.

Darrall