Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 In ten years how fast will Bows get? >

In ten years how fast will Bows get?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

In ten years how fast will Bows get?

Old 10-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: In ten years how fast will Bows get?

i drawed my bow on a squrril to help me get better at holding it at draw for sighting in on the kill zone
had it drawn for a min or so and now my shoulder is killing me
ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

I think in 10 years, everyone who is shooting these super hard cams will have shoulder pain, and will be looking for a softer, easier drawing and holding cam and will be less concerned with speed. That or the sales of 50 - 60 lb bows will become the standard instead of 60 - 70.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cant even imagine how fast bows will be. And to top that, imagine how expensive those fast bows will be. Lol and how ugly bowtechs will be (very great bows, but ugly in my opinion) haha.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:47 AM

does it really matter how fast it is if you can't hit anything. speed doesn't kill deer. guys who know how to hunt and shoot well kill deer. period.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smitdog

Do you think 400 fps is in the future.
At 70 pounds, an 8" brace height,a 350 grain arrow and a 100% efficient energy transfer from the bow to the arrow (not possible by the way) then the maximum possible speed would be 389.82 ft/sec.

The only way to go faster would be for the hunter to do more work or go to a lighter arrow.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:45 AM

Having shot many bows for 40 years, it's incredable how far technology has come. I only buy a new bow when I can increase speed without increasing the pounds I'm pullingand withoutreducing my brace height. So in the last 5 years, I've bought a few. I've dropped down to 65 poundsafter shooting 70 pounds for a loooong time. I can easily manage 70 pounds as I'm not a small guy, but getting 298 feet from a hunting rig at 65 pounds is plenty fast and very satisfying. I think the future market for us "baby boomers" will beto findthe fastest rig possible with the least amount of draw weight and a brace height of 7 1/2 inches or more. I could invision in ten years a 60 pound rig with a 7 1/2 inch BH pushing 300 ft. That rig would have my money ponied up. Probably Bowtech or Mathews will lead the charge. DFA
Old 10-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got this thing about being able to see my arrows in flight, so I know that in another 10 years MY bows won't be any faster than they are now. Of course, as much damage as my shoulders had taken from the ridiculously hard cams I shot a few years back, it's highly probable I won't be shooting in another 10 years anyway.

Also, I reckon Bowtech will have run Mathews clean out of the market by then.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

1,000,000 fps. (in my best Dr. Evil voice)
Old 10-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

We'll have 500fps bows. In PA they will only be allowed for does.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

i think they will be able to shoot faster at a lower draw weight and be more accurate.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

The efficiency is an interesting one, as far as how the bow will be able to produce those speeds. Have to be more poundage or lighter arrows. Either way, bows are definitely getting faster. If the speeds do increase to the 350 being the norm, the discussion will change to braodheads IMO, especially fixed blade heads flying good at those speeds.

Quick Reply: In ten years how fast will Bows get?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.