Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Give Up Hunting? Compromise Made!!!! >

Give Up Hunting? Compromise Made!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Give Up Hunting? Compromise Made!!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:03 PM

Default RE: Give Up Hunting? Deed is done.

[align=left]It was said before, Its what you do, Its what you enjoy,... its a part of who you are. I always made it clear up front what I like to do. Its one thing if they dont like it, but its another to try and keep you from it. I hunt more know that I am married than I did single..... go figure that one..... she must be saving her chips.... for something really big.[/align][align=right] [/align]
Old 10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Give Up Hunting?

I think maybe the conversation between you two could have went a little better....maybe. If you would have tried to open her eyes to the outdoors and explain why you hunt, rather then just saying cause I can, It might have turned out different.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Listen to the guys who have been there and done that. Someone who cares for you will never try to change who you are. It NEVER works. You will end up carrying resent or she will continue to try to make you someone else.

Wayne
Old 10-17-2007, 07:12 PM

Club her, drag her by the hair back into the house. We have given up too much for too long! They are an evel species.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmmm nope, I'd never quit hunting... I have a girlfriend right now and she dont like hunting, but she likes eating it so when im not with her im out hunting, yes it takes time from the woods but it doesnt bother me at all...
Old 10-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Since Compromise seems to be the key these days, What is she willing to give up?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Dominant Buck

"GMMAT Post"???

Well part of being a mature man is knowing how to pick the right woman. I think I did.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Damn Jeff! She's a hottie! Lucky ****!
Nontypical Buck

Dont ever give up a passion in life for anything. If this is just some new girl, then tell her thats part of your life, and if she doesnt understand how you feel then it wont work. Most times people are against certain idea's (like hunting) due to their ignorance of the subject. If you talk to her and tell her about it, inform her how its done, the respect we have for the animals we harvest, and that hunting is more than just a kill, then she should understand and accept you. To me hunting is about 3% killing, the rest is preparation and having fun in the woods. So why is it that the only thing that matters to the anti hunters is the kill? Inform her and she should understand. If not, their are lots more girls. (Get yourself one who wants to hunt WITH you!)

Need pic of girl and details of certain abilities before I would recommend giving up anything.

Quick Reply: Give Up Hunting? Compromise Made!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.