Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My hands, Bowtech and Diamond >

My hands, Bowtech and Diamond

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My hands, Bowtech and Diamond

Old 10-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default My hands, Bowtech and Diamond

I finally was able to get my hands around a new Bowtech General and Diamond Marquis today.

That was the good news.

The bad news was that I had plans with the Mrs. and my two little guys to hit a local Halloween parade before I could even begin to setup either bow.

The short of it is this. All you have heard is true. These are two amazing shooters. The General is, without a doubt, the quietest, most shock-free bow I have ever shot. There is an incredibly low level of noise during the shot and the bow does not move whatsoever during the shot. It just sits there, acting like the arrow never left the bow.

Absolutely amazing!

The Diamond Marquis is not far behind in either category. It exhibits the same low level of noise with just a tad more vibration during the shot. I can tell the arrow has left the bow with the Marquis because it delivers it with such authority.You can seethe arrows burying themselves deeplyin the target. This bow is no slouch in the speed department and with such low levels of noise and vibration I cannot see how many of you will not love it.

Now, there is more to the story but it is really late and I am going to be really grouchy tomorrow when I get up for work at 4:45 am.

See you folks tomorrow.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My hands, Bowtech and Diamond

Wow, no takers? Everybody must have been sleeping when I posted this.

Once I have more time to play with them later today/this week then I will post more in depth comments about my experiences with both bows. I look forward to putting both bows through the usual routine. I can say this much...there is a noticeable difference in shot feel and sound with/without that center string dampener.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:49 AM
Bartender

Which one is which please? I have made my decision to go with Bowtech for the next few years.
The General peaks my interest.

Nevermind I know which one is which I need to pay attention more. SMACK@me
Old 10-17-2007, 04:50 AM
Host of Hosts

I already know I want one. Just have to wait till dealer gets them. It seems the East Coast Dealers take a little longer to get theirs. Or maybe just my dealer.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be shooting the Marquis soon I'd imagine. I'll be buying a new bow after this season and it is without a doubt on the short list of bows to shoot.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm liking the specs on the Marquis, looks a lot like my Patriot.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

:Smack:

You guys are going to love how these bows shoot. They really are a step-up from previous designs in this regard.

Now, the rest of the story.....

I set to with the General shortly after getting home from the parade. Initiially I just planned on setting up the rest so I could fire a few shots into the target. I like to get the feel of the bow before I start putting all of the accessories on. Well, after I rough-tuned the rest I decided to throw on the string loop and fired a few shots. One thing led to another and I eventually put everything on the bow except for the peep.

I saved the peep for last because it requires me toalmost completely back the limb bolts out from the riser in order to relax the string and cables. In one sense this is a big plus as it allows for fairly easy string adjustments without the use of a press. In this case I made the mistake of backing the limb bolts out too far from the riser in order to get sufficient slack in the string. You guessed it, the limb bolt popped out of the riser.

I was forced to take the string and cables off of the bow to get the limb bolt back into the riser but now tension needs to be applied to the limbs in order to get the string and cable back on. Time to make a stop down at the local shop.

It was close to midnight when that happened so I did not get to complete near as much of the Marquis' setup at that point. I believe I am going to have to save that for tonight if I have any energy left after hunting.

I will keep you guys posted.

Dave,

I think you will love this bow. Imagine the Patriot SC with an even lower noise level and, what appears to be, a slightly higher speed level. More on the latter as I get time to chrono both bows.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can you give me an idea of how it compares to the '05 Victory?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

Can't wait. Interested to hear how the speed is on that General compared to the Guardian.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool deal Frank. I can't wait to hear more on these guys. I love your in depth reviews.

Quick Reply: My hands, Bowtech and Diamond

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.