Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which bow for 2008? >

Which bow for 2008?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which bow for 2008?

Old 10-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which bow for 2008?

Just curious to see what you guys are going to have in the stable for 2008? Most of the newer bows have been introducednow, and it looks to be another great year from most of the top names.

To be completely honest I have no idea at this point what I will be shooting. I've been a "free agent" (by choice) for a few weeks now and have a dren dressed up for at least the beginning of this hunting season just because it was readily available, but may decide to try something new to hunt with before the season is over. I've got an Apex as well that I will probably shoot the upcoming indoor season with just because it's tuned great, already shot my best indoor game with it, and I don't want to spend the time to set something else up right now.

So whats it gonna be for 08' guys? What has caught your eye?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which bow for 2008?

The 08' bows are out!?[:-]
Old 10-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tell ya, I have a REALLY gooid feeling I'll be shooting an Elite this spring. I'm not overly impressed with what Hoyt has done. Nothing big, just a 5fps fast cam, big woooo. I got to shoot an Elite tonight and I have really been reading on the the past few weeks and after shooting a Synergy tonight, I've got a good feeling.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

At least for you Matt. I will have to wait till after the season to get something new. Unless Matt wants to send me one of his. Can't shot them all can ya.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got a Marquis on order for my hunting bow and a 50lb Commander on order for field archery my 07 Commander is going to be my main 3d bow again this year.

But will more than likelyorder another bow after I get back from Australia in Jan. if I have any money left
Old 10-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Bartender

Bowtech
Old 10-16-2007, 06:46 PM

I'm waiting till we get in the '08 Hoyt's and Elite. It'll be one of those 2, but until I shoot them, I just don't know.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

After shooting Matt's Guardian this past spring I'm sold on the new Bowtech line. I've never been so impressed with a bow in many, many years. Last year when I purchased the Allegiance it was very close, neck in neck with all the lines. I chose the Allegiance because it was perfect for me....

After shooting the Guardian, it is heads above any bow I have ever shot. If I'm up for a new bow it's going to be the General at least, might end up with an Airborne because I'm a huge fan of 36" bows, always have been. I'm ruling out the Marquis tho, I trust Matt and Greg's judgement so, if they say that's a great bow, I'll give it a go.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm planning on keeping my Black Ice, but I am going to see if my dad wants to buy it off me [:-](he's planning on upgrading). If that works out, I may try out the General, or one of the new Airborne models. BTW Matt did you get my pm from about a day agoor so.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I'm waiting till we get in the '08 Hoyt's and Elite. It'll be one of those 2, but until I shoot them, I just don't know.
My thoughts exactly Mo, to a T. Just so far, from what I've seen from the press release of the Hoyt's I'm not impressed. The so called "speed" bow IBO's at 330 and looks almost identical to the Vulcan just a little lighter, and 5feet faster. The new cams have dual draw stops instead of the built in one on the top.

I have talked to my shop owner (boss) about Elite's alot lately and I think he's going to get a dealership set up with them. It wouldn't be finalized until the ATA show I don't think.

As I said, I shot a Synergy and I loved it, it just felt good in my hand. Even though it was a right handed bow that I shot left handed [8D]

Quick Reply: Which bow for 2008?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.