Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My miserable season continues.... >

My miserable season continues....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My miserable season continues....

Old 10-16-2007, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My miserable season continues....

Sixth hunt of the seasonlast night. I sat up on a ridgetop funnel sandwiched between a cornfield and riverbottom. The wind was perfect, I was scentfree and made a quiet approach, and there was deer sign everywhere. This was gonna be THE NIGHT!

Three hours later I'm back at the car. Didn't see a hair.

That's ZERO deer sightings so far this year. 6 hunts over two weeks in 6 different spots, and I still have not seen a single deer. This is getting tough to handle....
Old 10-16-2007, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My miserable season continues....

Here you go my MI brother, this is what a MI deer looks like, in case you forgot

Old 10-16-2007, 05:42 AM
Dominant Buck

We must be hunting the same woods. I have never spent so much time in a tree and seen so few deer or little fresh deer sign. I'm snake bit. Yesterday...8 hours in a tree and not so much as a fawn. Sunday 4 hours. Sat 7 hours. Last Friday ..or was it Thurs ..7 hours. NOTHING The days are just running together with NOTHING. I'm thinking of pulling up my bow and heading for the Southern Tier where we camp out. I've probably been 10 times and have had ONE.... ONE small doe under my tree and that's it. I think the poachers got them all killed off or something. Last year this woods had deer. I see very little evidence of a deer living in this several hundred acres now.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:43 AM
Bartender

Just remember in a flick of a switch and can change for the better. Stay at it and if you are not hunting hard by next week you best start. Game is on!
Old 10-16-2007, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Germ - that one has horns, it aint' from around here....

It's aweful hard not to have a "brown it's down" mentality when your season has been like mine, know what I mean?

Davidmil - hang in there brother. It'll get better. It HAS to. Can't get any worse right?
Old 10-16-2007, 05:46 AM
Bartender

Pumpkin was this buck taking after you?
ORIGINAL: Germ

Here you go my MI brother, this is what a MI deer looks like, in case you forgot

Old 10-16-2007, 05:49 AM

don't get down. be patient. things are about to heat up.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Perfect morning here. 35 degrees and sunny. I woke up in time to go hunting and said, Screw it. I'm not wasting this beautiful day sitting in a tree with no deer around. God, I must be loosing it.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know, this season has been terrible for me as well thus far. I have hunted historically great spots and new beautiful funnels and nada. I saw 7 deer my first sit, one the second, and zero for the next 6. I think every deer around here is nocternal right now.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Foggy as a mother here David. Your bad luck continues I got a new place to hunt down here,plenty of deer and my son and I are the only ones hunting it. After this weekend(football league ends) I'm pretty free. Week days are pretty open too, housing market is kinds slow. You still have my phone number?

Quick Reply: My miserable season continues....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.