Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 mid and southern Wisconsin hunters... >

mid and southern Wisconsin hunters...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mid and southern Wisconsin hunters...

Old 10-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default mid and southern Wisconsin hunters...

I was just wondernig if the bucks are moving down that way, im from northern wisconsin and heading down to my best friends grandparents farm this friday till monday afternoon.. Its in buffalo County, outside of Durand to be exact... This is my first time hunting there so hopefully it'll treat me good.. Are they chasing down there yet??
Old 10-15-2007, 08:56 PM

Default RE: mid and southern Wisconsin hunters...

I was out this past weekend and saw some good buck sign. I found a real big scrape and some heavily hit trails and feeding areas but no dice on actually seeing a deer (wind shift problems - had to move out)
Old 10-15-2007, 09:44 PM

Good buck sign is just starting to appear in the usual place's. I think in Buffalo cty you should get some reaction to a little lite rattling. I think you'll have a good weekend.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a dandy 3 1/2 year old 8 at 25 yards fri night and let him walk. He was gettin a bit rutted up, neck was pretty bigand he was a tank well over 200 lbs for sure. Came out about 6:15 and looked like he was on a patrolin mission. Heard him work a rub or scrape once he got out of sight. There is alot of scrapes around that I saw this weekedn and had camera on one, had some bucks workin it. I havent seenmuch for rubs though. Also had some little bucks runnin around and stuff to so I think the pre-rut is gettin strong here. The does have seemed disapear a little bit aswell which makes me think they know whats comin and are avoiding hte bucks somewhat because they dont feel like gettin harassed quite yet. That 8 was the first deer out that night and after he went into the woods out of sight 14 does piled out into the field within 1 minute of eachother and usually these does work there way into the field from 5:45 till 6:30 the last ones come out. Sat night i didnt see to many does at all. Only a few does and a couple a young bucks cruisin I grunted at but didnt really respond to it. I'm gonna do a little ticklin with the horns this weekend I thinkand see what happens. WCL
Old 10-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Typical Buck

Chase phase has not started yet, but like marshrat said, alittle light rattling might get a reaction. Chase phase here doesn't usually start til the end of the month.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ok Thanks guys!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:44 AM

Iwent out friday night seen 3 diffrent nice buck a couple does and one really nice buck that was chasing does. themm three other bucksjust sat in the feild and ate