Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 1st day in the NY woods this year. >

1st day in the NY woods this year.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

1st day in the NY woods this year.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:34 AM

Default 1st day in the NY woods this year.

Well, I didn't hunt opening day or yesterday due to my new work schedule and truthfully with how warm, green and THICK the woods are this year I don't think it would have mattered much.

I went out this morning and sat in a lock on I hung just a couple weeks ago and watched the front edge of the woods on a farm I hunt..........I just wanted to see how many deer were using the hedgerow to move to and from the woods each morning. Great day, nice weather and it was good to be off the ground enjoying the sunrise. I have all week off now so I should get in about 12-13 hunts this week.

7:40 am a nice big doe hops into sight from the hedgerow and works into the tall grass field I am watching.........after her comes 3 little ones bounding around like jumping beans. Don't remember the last time I saw a doe with 3 in tow..........it was a welcome scene. She worked her way over towards me and stopped about 27-30 yards away.......she was angling away from me but her head was turned and looking back my way........this "scrunched" up her exposed side of her vitals and at full draw it just didn't feel right. I am 99% positive I would have smoked her but I like my shots closer then that and I just didn't want to chance it..........tonight I am off to the other farm in hopes of getting a look at what made the big tracks I found over there.

And so it begins
Old 10-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: 1st day in the NY woods this year.

Good luck with the season Atlas...I too am starting to get into "full swing".
Old 10-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck out there.... I will put something together for you on the info you are looking for here in the next day or two.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Good luck out there.... I will put something together for you on the info you are looking for here in the next day or two.

You too...............and Thanks again.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Hey no helping Just kidding, good luck atlas
Old 10-15-2007, 11:47 AM

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Good luck with the season Atlas.

Right back attcha big guy.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck this season.

It's nice to see others out there who are picky with thier shots too.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was a failry decent weekend I was able to see 7 different 1-2 year old bucks and a slew of doe's, saturday morning was cooler and they were really moving, one shooter came in at last light wasn't able to geta great look hopefully in weeks to come. Good luck NY'ers
Old 10-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was away for the weekend, but managed to get out Sunday afternoon. I saw six deer total (including what looked like one 1.5 and one 2.5 year bucks), but no good shot. I saw four deer this morning when leaving for work in the hay field. I will be back out today or tomorrow. Good luck to all.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Go get'em Atlas...I'm ready for some old school stories!

Quick Reply: 1st day in the NY woods this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.