Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need a broadhead for Fiance >

Need a broadhead for Fiance

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default Need a broadhead for Fiance

Alright here goes. Shes been shooting with me for a few months now and doing great. Shes got a Diamond Rapture Lite 40-50 lbs and shes shooting about 43lbs. This bow it about as fast as my old Jennings at 65lbs. My question is should I get her a fixed blade or mech and for any of you ladies out there do you have a recommendation. I dont have a chrono to know what her speed is. She took her safety course Saturday and called me during a break asking to go with me that evening. She came with me Saturday evening and got to watch the hunt unfold. We saw 4 deer and had them within 25 yards. She was more excited that I was with the kill and is hooked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On a side note I shoot the Rage 2 blade and love them, I'm just not sure if her bow has enough energy for a mech. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Josh
Old 10-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need a broadhead for Fiance

My fiance shoots a Hoyt Selena at 52#, and I have her shooting the Magnus Stinger 85gr. I wanted her to have a cut on contact head with her lower poundage and K.E. The Stingers fly great for her perhaps it's a thought for your woman.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have one to trade, submit pic of girlfriend.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the response. I also thought that the cut on contact would be best. Our shop recommended the shuttle t head. Im not sure how I like this head. And at 39.99 for a 3 pack it seems like there could be something else. I think somewhere on hereI read that they got a bad review.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:13 AM

I am 47# Bowtech Equalizer. I shoot Montec G5 85gr. Shot my first doe couple weeks ago clean pass through. Like the way they cut ..

I was going to try Mr. Java's Rage 2 blade 100gr on my next doe to see how they fly.

I shot his practice tips last week and they REALLY slowed me down...
Old 10-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Most people don't feel this way until 4 or 5 years of marriage. I'd suggest a mechanical. Just wait for her to turn broadside.....[8D]
Old 10-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

qzq38b,
LOL, yeh probably should have looked at that a little better before I posted it. What really makes me nervous is that she was more excited about me killing the deer than I was. It was definitley awesome having her in the stand with me to experiance the hunt. She went from "I just want to go and watch" to "I really think I can do this and we need to go to the store so I can get my lisence". I might have created a monster.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Duramax05

qzq38b,
LOL, yeh probably should have looked at that a little better before I posted it. What really makes me nervous is that she was more excited about me killing the deer than I was. It was definitley awesome having her in the stand with me to experiance the hunt. She went from "I just want to go and watch" to "I really think I can do this and we need to go to the store so I can get my lisence". I might have created a monster.
That's great! I wish my wife had an interest in bowhunting. She likes to rifle hunt, but she has no interest in the bow. Good luck to both of you.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:45 AM

There are quite a few folks shooting lower poundage bows that are having good results with the Rage heads. Apparently it doesn't take hardly any KE to open them up.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:52 AM

I thought this thread said need a broadhead for France..........I need a nap.

Quick Reply: Need a broadhead for Fiance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.