Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Respectable poachers...if there is such a thing. >

Respectable poachers...if there is such a thing.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Respectable poachers...if there is such a thing.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Respectable poachers...if there is such a thing.

This is going to sound like a silly question. Do you guys have more respect for some poachers than others?

Let me explain. I went to my parents house a few days ago (that is where I got my doe) to do some hunting. While there, I was told by a few people about some deer that were killed, tenderloin cut out, and the rest thrown away. I was also told who was behind it, two teenagers. These guys have been in a lot of trouble. One had even dropped out of school couple years back and has gotten into trouble for drugs, stealing, etc.

Anyway, I go check out where the deer were supposed to be. Well, sure enough I found them. One was behind their garage in the CREEK. It was so badly decayed I could not make out if the tenderloin had been cut out but I'll take my "informants" advice as accurate. The other one was behind a dumpster. Bow season has only been in a week so I definitely know they were out of season. They were more than likely taken with a .22 mag during the night. Thats pretty popular around here. Hell, the buck I killed a couple years back had (3) .22 bullets in him.

I call the Wildlife Violations hotline and reported the location of the deer and what I had been told. A warden called me back and I spoke with him. They are going to look into it and possibly set up a decoy somewhere. I told him to be prepared to hear some gunshots. There are a lot of spotlighters in that part of the county.

Back to my point. I do have more respect for the poachers that actually use the meat instead of killing for the sport of it or only cutting out the tenderloin. Do you see my point?

Here's the deer that DIRECTLY behind their garage. Notice the the lawn chair and pallet. They don't much care about the appearance of their property. Notice all that white stuff, thousands of maggots.

This is the one behind the dumpster.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:45 AM

Default RE: Respectable poachers...if there is such a thing.

no poachers are poachcers

Old 10-14-2007, 09:51 AM

I can't say I respect any poacher, I pay for my tags and licenses and follow the law because Ienjoy taking a deer totally legally without cutting corners. But I can see some instances where a man had to feed his family, and he shot a doe, well.... feed the kids.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:54 AM

I agree with you guys that "poachers are poachers" but thank goodness all poachers don't do the above.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have no respect for poachers period![:'(] Poaching to feed his family is a cop out!
Old 10-14-2007, 09:58 AM

I agree BHF. Poaching to feed his/her family is a lousy excuse.

Obviously these guys are not worried about feeding their families. If that was the case then all I should have seen at these two locations were deer hides, not the whole deer.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:05 AM

I wasn't saying these guys were feeding anyone. your right in they're obviously kids or dumbazz "adults" with no respect. if a guy claims to be feeding his family but his meat had a nice rack on it, screw him it's bs.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Poachers are scum bags. If these guys did it for the food and took the loins out, what did they get? Maybe one meal! Why not butcher the whole thing then? Lazy and taking shortcuts, thats why. I hope the DNR buststhem.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-14-2007, 10:19 AM

I got to thinking, Am i poaching when i hunt without an adult even tho i have to have one with me to bowhunt?

Quick Reply: Respectable poachers...if there is such a thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.