Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Respectable poachers...if there is such a thing. >

Respectable poachers...if there is such a thing.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Respectable poachers...if there is such a thing.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:22 AM

Default RE: Respectable poachers...if there is such a thing.

ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

I got to thinking, Am i poaching when i hunt without an adult even tho i have to have one with me to bowhunt?
No, I wouldn't call that poaching. How old are you supposed to be to hunt by yourself, 16?
Old 10-14-2007, 10:33 AM

I would have to agree that there are varying degrees of "poaching". Our Division of Wildlife calls a guy who shot a deer in the game management unit just adjacent to the one forwhichhe has a valid license a "poacher". Or a guy who shoots a buck 50 yards onto a neighbor's property and drags it across the fence. But as long as it is willful and intentional, it is still poaching.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:34 AM

yeah 16 but in other states you can so NY is insulting my intelligence.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

yeah 16 but in other states you can so NY is insulting my intelligence.
I wouldn't say that Jim, the laws are there for a reason! You get caught and you'll be waiting even longer to hunt without an adult!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:00 AM

But how can kids do it on thier own in other states, Is NY lacking some skill for hunting and i need a 1 year expierenced adult to tell me how to sit in a tree and shoot a deer. They are forcing more and more kids out of hunting with that law. And i think im going to email some1 about this issure right now.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it was truly an issue of my wife and kid's going hungry I believe I would shoot/poach a deer. I can't imagine being that hungry but some are I don't think the lord would hold it against me. I'm sure I will stand alone on this one but if any of you are hungry and can't get food stamps or what ever other kind of relief there is out there feel free to shoot a doe but just make sure you use every last scrap.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Planter

If it was truly an issue of my wife and kid's going hungry I believe I would shoot/poach a deer. I can't imagine being that hungry but some are I don't think the lord would hold it against me. I'm sure I will stand alone on this one but if any of you are hungry and can't get food stamps or what ever other kind of relief there is out there feel free to shoot a doe but just make sure you use every last scrap.
If you will allow them to poach, why limit a "hungry" poacher to a doe? Because a buck is worth more to you the legal hunter? I'm curious on your statement.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:11 PM

Hey you cant eat the horns why shoot a buck with horns on it if your going to poach?
Old 10-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey you cant eat the horns why shoot a buck with horns on it if your going to poach?
why poach in the first place.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you think a poacher thats "trying" to feed his family should care if it has horns? He is poaching for the meat.

Quick Reply: Respectable poachers...if there is such a thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.