Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
All for it wearing a Back tag
46.30%
Against wearing a Back Tag
53.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Back Tag Law

Old 10-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Back Tag Law

In Ohio we used to have to wear a back tag
Now we don't

As I under stand it the ODNR gave up on the idea because so many people lost the tags
And the paper tags were ruined in the rain and unreadable

I hated it because I spooked a buck or 2 , when the tag rubed the tree

John
Old 10-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

A lot of you are still missing a point. It has to be big enough to read from a distance, if not it's useless.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

In PA ours are reflective so me and a lot of folks i know turn them around so the tag number is unreadable as to a glare while bowhunting, it may never come into play but if a deer comes from behind he could catch a glare off the tag, although i am all for the law
Old 10-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

A lot of you are still missing a point. It has to be big enough to read from a distance, if not it's useless.
I agree, believe me you can read the tag here in Wisconsin! The numbers are about 3.5 inches and in bold black on neon green this year! Very readable! When I have mine on I don't even know its there!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

SO if you guys that are required to wear the back tag, when you shed layers as the day warms, or when you add layers of clothing as the day cools, you are required to unfasten the back tag and refasten it on the outer layer of clothing each time?

Never heard of it!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

It is required in NY and i dont have a problem with it.
Back tags are not required to be worn in the Northern zone or catskill park according toDEC regs. I feel that you should not have to wear them.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Against it, our PA licenses are shiny metalic licenses. You sould see the shine off of them. I'm a fanatic about that in my treestand, law or no law, I wear my license on my backpack and it's hidden against the tree when I am in it. I figure with I'm walking, I'm legal...same goes for turkey hunting, when against a tree that is too small and that shiny license on my back...I don't think so...it's in my vest. I consider it dangerous if someone sneaks in behind me or just dumb in a gobbler sneaks in behind me.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Bartender

I do the same even though ours are not metallic during bow season. As for gun season it remains on the back of my jacket.
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Against it, our PA licenses are shiny metalic licenses. You sould see the shine off of them. I'm a fanatic about that in my treestand, law or no law, I wear my license on my backpack and it's hidden against the tree when I am in it. I figure with I'm walking, I'm legal...same goes for turkey hunting, when against a tree that is too small and that shiny license on my back...I don't think so...it's in my vest. I consider it dangerous if someone sneaks in behind me or just dumb in a gobbler sneaks in behind me.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:28 PM

Against. I'm not wearing anything white during gun season. Besides, the bright orange vest or hat works just fine.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Bartender

White?

Quick Reply: Back Tag Law

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.