Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 do you shoot button bucks >

do you shoot button bucks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do you shoot button bucks

Old 10-13-2007, 12:15 PM

Default do you shoot button bucks

would you shot a button buck? some guy i know was talking down on his friend for shooting one which, i think is not very friend like. but what do you think?
Old 10-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Spike

Default RE: do you shot button bucks

Its never good to kill a young buck in my opinion.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my eyes, if that's what you want to take, take it. A trophy is what you see worthy in your eyes, not everyone else's. Deer are tough to kill with a bow no matter what. Tell your friend congratulations.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wont but thats my own personal opinion. dont let me affect your choice.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't shoot anything that might be small enough to be a button. Starting about now, if you see a deer alone and it doesn't have horns..... it's probably a button. Anytime I see a small deer alone my first thought is button. Not always the case of course.... but more times than not it is.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Partial story.....Yes. I've killed ONE.

The fear of doing this again (although I don't regret the first one) is why I think it's important to have good field glasses with you. I agree with what David said....and the one I killed DID come in, alone. He gives sound advice.

Whole story......The one I killed was a piebald. I don't regret taking him....not for a minute. But....if I never shoot another one....I'll be happy.

Is there anything wrong with it? That's personal. If you're happy with ANYTHING you choose to legally take....I'll congratulate you and take your photos.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wish i could get a piebald or abino.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey David.....I forgot to add this.....

When Rob was down here hunting last Fall.....I had 3 deer come under me (And I'm thinking about your statement about not shooting one small enough to be a BB). I ALMOST shot the "Doe". It looked like a doe and two fawns. I came to full draw.....and for some reason I let down. It turns out...it was a doe and two fawns.....but I had 'em mixed up. The BB, by this time (Nov. 18th, or so) was bigger than mama. THAT is the deer I amost shot. I'm glad I decided to glass them before pulling the trigger. He was substantially bigger than his sister AND mama.

It's the time of year, right now, to look out for these guys. They're all out of spots.....and they look like does. A quick glass of their noggins will tell you what you need to know, though.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:16 PM

Hey this is my first year bowhutnign and ill take anything, but iknow i shouldnt for manegment reasons. Any animal taken with a bow is a trophy.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:23 PM

nicely said
ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

Hey this is my first year bowhutnign and ill take anything, but iknow i shouldnt for manegment reasons. Any animal taken with a bow is a trophy.

Quick Reply: do you shoot button bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.