Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-13-2007, 08:22 AM

Default RE: Rifle Hunting. Whats your take??

Purpose of this was..................
Old 10-13-2007, 08:28 AM

Some people will think you are crazy for using a bow during rifle season. I did some last year and you should have seen some of the looks on peoples' faces. They were SHOCKED to say the least. This year I don't plan on ever picking up a gun.

I think you should go for it. Besides, I feel bowhunters are at an advantage during rifle season anyway. We usually don't care to have our stands so we can see for hundreds of yards. Personally, I tend to stay in the thick stuff and that may very well be where the deer go when they get pressured, right in my lap.

Either way, good luck!
Old 10-13-2007, 08:29 AM

ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

Purpose of this was..................
If you don't have anything useful or encouraging to say...then DON'T post!
Old 10-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

gun hunting has become a social event fort me, I take one week vacation for the friends, stories, and commradre (sp?). I may take a deer, I may not, if the tag isn't available I'll pass because where I hunt we basically get one tag each, but can party hunt, so if a friend will tag my deer I'll shoot one, if its gonna take my only tag I won't even take the safety off unlesss its a monster of a deer. I'd rather save it so I can continue my season in a tree, bow in hand.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-13-2007, 08:38 AM

However, there is nothing like drawing back on a deer with my bow.
Amen brother! Thats what its all about for me. Even if I don't make the kill I still feel like I succeeded just drawing back on one, undetected.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

My take? Rifles are good, particularly efficient for herd management, but I don't enjoy hunting with them much. Muzzleloaders - traditional round ball shooters, not modern scoped inlines (I throw those in with high power rifles) - are more enjoyable and still pretty efficient management tools. Bows are tops for enjoyment but not nearly as efficient for game management due to the limited range. Different strokes for different folks, different tools for different jobs.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:02 AM

you said it best, rifle hunting is nothing more than live animal target shooting

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.