Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My best hunt ever!! >

My best hunt ever!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My best hunt ever!!

Old 10-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Spike

Default My best hunt ever!!

I know this has been on this forum a thousand times before, especially during this time of the year. But I had a great night tonight in the woods. I did not get a deer but I saw a monster buck at 50 yards but could never get a shot.

I had not seen a deer all night so i decide to stand up for a minute in my stand. I look to the left and see a huge buck on the other side of a row of thickets. The buck stayed on that side of the thickets until it got so dark I couldnt see him anymore.

This experience even though I did not shoot the buck was the best ever.Ican't explain how good it feels to see a buck like this. I can't imagine being able toshoot one. I have yet to shoot a nice buck. I shot a four point with my bear whitetail 2 when I was 14. Now that I'm 24 I hope I encounter this buck again. Man I love deer hunting and I love the outdoors!!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My best hunt ever!!

Keep at it bro, your day will come!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Spike

Hey thanks spoiler!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Typical Buck

That's cool, nothing like seeing a mature whitetail while hunting. Keeps us coming back. You never know when they are going to show up. I have yet to get one as well, but we both will if we don't quit.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Spike

Hey fun2hunt. I see your from Tulsa, Ok. I am from Stillwater, ok. It is always good see oklahoma people on here. I hope you are having a good season!