Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What the heck do I do now >

What the heck do I do now

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What the heck do I do now

Old 10-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Spike

Default What the heck do I do now

I know this isn't a bad position to be in and many would envy me but I shot my first archery buck on September 20th then last night got a good doe for my second deer of the season. I've really stepped up my game and it's paid off big time I'm really thankfull I got these 2 deer I don't now if it's better luck or more knowledge but I'll take it either way.Idon't need anymore meat so unless I find someone that wants a deer I'm not going to be able to shoot anymore and have it go to waste. It's a hard situation actually because I can legally take 5 deer but my family certainly can't eat that many. I may buy another bonus tag just to go sit in my stand. Had it not been my first archery buck I would have passed on it because I saw a bigger buck last night and if thatdeer makes it threw thehunting season and winterI'mputting my sight's on him fornext year I've already committed to hold out for that buck next year at least until November hopefully he stays around my property. Prime time is right around the corner my stands are in good spots my hunting gear and bow are perfectly tuned and here I sit. Don't get me wrong I'm very thankfull for the buck I shot (there's one lesson learned right there---hold out for a bigger deer) and it was an expierence I'll never forget espesially having to wait overnight to recover it and learning stuff in the mean time because I applied what I learned shooting that buck to the doe I shot last night and made a good clean shot and had the deer gutted and at the butcher in less than an hour. I'm not sure what to do maybe I'll just bring my camera out and see what I can catch on film.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What the heck do I do now

do you have a hunter sharing the harvest program. they take donated deer.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What the heck to I do now

Jell, Does your state have any harvest sharing programs. I am not completely sure what its called, but we have a program in PA like that. Might want to check it out, could do some good for someone and still manage your pop more at the same time.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I was in the same position, last year. I was blessed to find a family (through a co-worker.....we'd donated our son's clothing to these people) that had 12 children that really could benefit from the meat. I've given them 2, so far, this year....and they'll get the next ones, as well. If I get two for myself.....I'll be happy.

There's also FHFH, shelters and food banks that might take your venison.

It's a win/win situation. They get the meat.....you get to lengthen your hunting season.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:41 PM

Hunters for the homeless man
Old 10-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Spike

We do have a donation program here in Minnesota but it's in it's infancy and there isn't a donation proccesor with 100 miles of me. I've got my ear to the ground for anyone needing meat and would be more than willing to donate to a needy family.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Jellio

We do have a donation program here in Minnesota but it's in it's infancy and there isn't a donation proccesor with 100 miles of me. I've got my ear to the ground for anyone needing meat and would be more than willing to donate to a needy family.
That would be awesome and generous to do. If you can have that many tags and need a certain amount of deer taken by all means, get your ears peeled.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

if the cost isnt an issue, I'd get half a deer into jerky, and another have into baloney.. you can NEVER have enough of those.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:56 AM

Mr. Java took his couple weeks ago.. I get to keep going out... He's getting all the gear ready for DUCK SEASON!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Hunters for the hungry man keep shootin and give them to those that need the food good luck!!

Quick Reply: What the heck do I do now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.