HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Shooting Through "Shoot-Through" Netting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/211450-shooting-through-shoot-through-netting.html)

24to1 10-11-2007 07:25 AM

Shooting Through "Shoot-Through" Netting

Hey All,

New guy here, very first post. Been lurking for anbout 2 weeks and had to finally get in on the fun.

Have a question for you. Have any of you every shot a deer through the shoot-through netting on a ground Blind? If so, what were the effects on arrow flight?, more importantly, did you get the deer?

I am using fixed broadheads (Shuttle T-Lock). I understand how mechanicals would definitiely be a no-no but just wondering if I need to do anything different with fixed.

Thanks

Ron

JFergus7 10-11-2007 07:42 AM

RE: Shooting Through "Shoot-Through" Netting

I understand it to have no effect on broadheads. I have never shot through my netting so I can't speak from personal experience but from what I have read you should be just fine.

MOTOWNHONKEY 10-11-2007 07:46 AM

They say it doesn't affect the arrow flight. I know if you hit a twig the arrow will deflect dramatically. I don't see how it could have no affect on the arrow but it must be minimal. Welcome to the forum.

Washington Hunter 10-11-2007 07:47 AM

The shoot through netting has no effect on the arrow. If you run a search (I would do it for you, but I'm heading out to class as soon as I post this), you'll find a post I made quite awhile back with a couple videos shooting through the mesh in my backyard. Mobow actually shot a deer (a doe of course ;)) through the netting of the Matrix I purchased from him.

fillae 10-11-2007 08:02 AM

I practiced out of my blind this year because I plan to hunt more out of it. It had no effect on my arrow flight. Keep your broadheads sharp and it should work as advertised.

triggertrav 10-11-2007 08:24 AM

Myself and another individual lost 3 arrows (total of 4 shots) shooting thru the mesh. Determined that it effects flight.

gzg38b 10-11-2007 08:27 AM

It has to effect it. I think the degree to which your bow is tuned determines how much the mesh affects the arrow flight. A perfectly tuned bow shooting bullet holes through paper would likely not be affected much. But an arrow coming off the bow with anyfishtail could be affected quite a bit, don't you think?

eversboys 10-11-2007 08:34 AM

I shot two does through the mesh of my Big Game Deluxe within 10 mins apart with muzzy 100gr 3 blade broadheads with no problem. As long as you can shoot a few inches back from the mesh then you shouldnt have a problem with arrow flight.

triggertrav 10-11-2007 08:41 AM

either way, i just hunt with the mesh out of the windows and wear all black.

ijimmy 10-11-2007 08:47 AM

Ive shot a couple pigs from my doble bull matrix 360 ,thru the mess with muzzys , no problem , try it first , especialy if you have not shot from a chair before , know before ya go