Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 <<CONTEST>>WIN  SCENT BLOCKER ITEMS Or HELL RAZOR Broadheads >

<<CONTEST>>WIN SCENT BLOCKER ITEMS Or HELL RAZOR Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

<<CONTEST>>WIN SCENT BLOCKER ITEMS Or HELL RAZOR Broadheads

Old 10-15-2007, 04:32 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: <<CONTEST>>WIN SCENT BLOCKER ITEMS Or HELL RAZOR Broadheads

^^^^TTT^^^^

Not much time left
Old 10-15-2007, 05:44 AM
Spike

Default RE: <<CONTEST>>WIN SCENT BLOCKER ITEMS Or HELL RAZOR Broadheads

The most influential person in your life as far as hunting goes would have to be my father. My father use to take me out with him every chance we had. Some of the best memories of hunt are with him. He said he use to take me hunting with him before I was old enough to walk on my own. He said he would carry me out to his deer stand and set me on his platform between his legs and I would sit relatively motion less for some of the time. Then he said I would fall asleep. I do remember one time when I was 5 –6 years old falling asleep on a platform and my dad shooting a 6 point buck. As soon as the gun went off I just about fell out of the deer stand. I quickly sat up and said did you get it. He said lets go track him. I did know, but dad watched the buck crash in the next head row. It was great there was about 4 inches of snow on the ground, so the tracking was great for a beginner like myself. We only had to go about 50 yards. But I did it all by myself. I don’t think there was a happier kid on the planet that day. Looking back on it know, that hunt is part of why he is such a great influence.

I also remember playing tracking games with my dad. We would walk through the woods and stop I would cover my eyes and count to 50, then try to track my dad. He would try to make it easy by dragging a foot or stomping harder in the soft spots. It was a very good time. Also one time he thought it would be a good idea to duck hunt before I had to go to school. So we get out in the cornfield set up the decoys, then we get s3et up and lay down in the pit blind and don’t we both fall asleep. The next thing I hear it he bus driving by our house. So I tell my dad I just missed the bus and he has to take me. So we both sit up and wouldn’t you know it there are like 10 mallards in the decoys. We did manage to get 3 of them after they scared the crap out of the both of us.

Fast forward to January 18, 2007 my father at the not so ripe old age of 50 who has been divorced from my mother for 18 years that lives in GA has a stroke and heart attack is lying in a hospital bed and can’t move anything on his right side. His arm, leg, fingers, toes, and mouth are basically just along for the ride. The first thing he says to me when I got there is when will I take him hunting. That is pretty much when I lost it. Then a few months later, he gets out of the hospital does rehab and can walk, talk and eat again. His first and so far only grandson (Dexter) is born April 15, 2007. I call my dad to tell him the news. He says when are the three of us going hunting. Then two weeks ago he calls me up and says he is coming to NY to deer hunt with me this year. So I went out and bought a pop up ground blind that we both can sit in. He still can’t use his right arm and drags his right foot a bit, but he is very determined to hunt this year. I am not sure how it will pan out. But I will do everything I can this year to get my dad out the in the field and hopefully get him a chance at a deer.

One thing I would say to my dad would be thank you for being so strong and fighting for what you want to do in life.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Win these Scent Blocker items

While this is a great basic concept..filled with so many touching and heartfelt memories. I'd love to share the good times I've had. I too would name Dad as the most influential, supportive, and loving person in my developement as a man and a hunter.

However, in good faith, I cannot post these thoughts and feelings in a contest to be judged for prizes. If it was a free-will sharing, I'd bebrimming with storiesto submit. How can I accurately portray all that he has done in merewords, and then have my memories judgedbased onhow well I can articulated those emotions??

I can't, and my Father now 72 is still healthy and our best memories are still right around the corner.

Thanks Dad..Love You!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

GR8, that was great.

TTT

Old 10-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Host of Hosts

If it was a free-will sharing, I'd bebrimming with storiesto submit.

You can always share your story exempting yourself from the prizes. I understand your fellings, but your story is what we want, not to neccessarily give you a prize. I wanted to hear your stories and stir up some old memories. That is all.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Dad.
He never caught the biggest fish or killed the biggest deer because he was to busy helping someone else catch or kill their first or biggest!
I wont go into detail of how he taught me to hunt or fish but will take this time to tell how unselfish of a man he was.
The first memory in my life was sitting on the back porch watching my Dad casting a practice plug at a tire in our back yard, and then taking the time to show me how to do it.
This is who he was.
He carried me on his shoulders when my little legscouldn't keep up no longer, but allow me the glory to shoot the coons the Dogs had treed.
He never Fly Fished, but when I took and interest in it, He got me an outfit for my birthday, and then drug home Lonesome Geroge Piffer who he met at a local market (only old timers that watched Michigan Outdoors or Geroge Pario would know who he was) to teach me how to cast with it.
He never owned or shot a bow, But when I broke the first one my cousin gave me he went right out and got me another one because of my interest in it, and I cant begin to tell you the unselfish hours he spent sitting in the car while I was at the indoor range or watching me sit on the steps at the Fred Bear Musium waiting for Mr Bear to come out just so I could talk to him.
Summer vacation, deer season and weekendswould find the truck loaded withguns, bowsor fishing poles,my Dad, myself and one or two of my friends headed for the cabin.

Dad died 2 days after my 15th birthday 37 years ago, and there is not a hunting or fishing season goes by one of my friends does not say, sure whish your Dad was hear to share this with us, or tell me, if it was not for him they would have never known what it was like to deer hunt, fish, or shoot a grouse on the wing.

The changing colors of the trees,crisp cool mornings of fall, and the smell of the hunt in the air,are by far my favorite time of the year, yet weighs heavy on my heart for it is when I can see his reflections dragging the first 8pt into camp or standing over a hot stove of backstrapsand fried potatos in deer camp.

What would I say to him today? Nothing more than what I say to him while Im setting in a tree stand waiting on a buck, or on the river bank waiting for a big brown trout to start sipping spinners. A smile was all he ever asked for, and I smile alot when I think of him, or do the things he unselfishly gave up his time for me to do.

I have shared thethings I love with my children that my dad shared with me, and now we all share them with my grandchildren and I can tell you this, IfDad were alive today and seen his two great-grandchildren take their first bucks a couple of weekends ago during the youth hunt, No one would have been smiling as big as him!

Old 10-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Host of Hosts

After thinking about G8's post I wanted to explain how this idea came about. I had some items laying around the house that I wasn't going to use. I got these Scent Blocker items when I purchased a XLT suit a month ago. I wanted to give them to someone so I had an idea of creating a contest. I didn't know what to do so I pm'ed Rob and asked what he thought. He said it would be great to make something up , but I should do it. He said he'd help me out. At the time I was thinkg this I had just written a blog about my experiences on another site I have. I actually wrote about 3 seperate stories from my hunting youth. That's what gave me the idea to do it here.

Anyway I had no intentions of trivializing any memories of past hunts or anything like that. I sincerely wanted to hear some good thoughts from fellow members on this site.

Thank You to all who entered and to those who took this post the wrong way..I'm Sorry!
Old 10-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

While this is a great basic concept..filled with so many touching and heartfelt memories. I'd love to share the good times I've had. I too would name Dad as the most influential, supportive, and loving person in my developement as a man and a hunter.

However, in good faith, I cannot post these thoughts and feelings in a contest to be judged for prizes. If it was a free-will sharing, I'd bebrimming with storiesto submit. How can I accurately portray all that he has done in merewords, and then have my memories judgedbased onhow well I can articulated those emotions??

I can't, and my Father now 72 is still healthy and our best memories are still right around the corner.

Thanks Dad..Love You!
Wow........well said, I feel the same way.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rob since I am having trouble posting could you post this for me.

My grandpa was my most influential hunting partner. He taught me everything he new about hunting and then some. I also learned many life lessons from him, one of the greatest being time. Hunting with him wasn't always about the kill it was about the time. I could tell storys of our hunting trips, the times we laughed and the times we cried but I would like take this moment to thank my grandpa for his time. His time ran out about a year ago and that is when I realized what he meant about time. It was the time we spent together making memories that will live on forever. I am so grateful to him that he took time while hunitng to spend with me. I am sure his hunting was very important but he still took me along. I hope I can be like my grandpa and influence one person to take a youngster hunting. Trust me the time you spend with them will be remembered long after that bow, gun or toy you bought them is gone. Thank you grandpa, I went through hundreds of our hunting trips while writing this.

ash2042
I posted this for ash...he's having trouble.

Quick Reply: <<CONTEST>>WIN SCENT BLOCKER ITEMS Or HELL RAZOR Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.