Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bows on ebay

Old 10-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default bows on ebay

Now, i know i may sound like a cheap SOB with this post but hey, i am. I went to the bow shop today and shot a few bows that were priced well into the %750+ Being the educated college kid that i am, i look them up on ebay and found them to be around $150-$250 dollars cheaper. The deals seem great but im not sure if i should trust buying them from someone i dont know because pictures never really seem to do a bow justice. I would like some feedback about what you all bow experts think about online auction bows. Thank you much.

-Al
Old 10-08-2007, 04:02 PM

Default RE: bows on ebay

I don't do much on ebay, but when I do, I won't buy from someone that won't me send me all the pictures I want and that doesn't have a near perfect rating. There's a lot of trust to go along with buying something on ebay, but most of them are just regular guys like you and me. Personally I will spend the money at a local bow shop. I know I can bring it in anytime I want and they know the history of the bow and my own abilities, plus it's always good to support the local businesses.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:15 PM

well impo, I always had the fear that if you were to buy one from ebay for a couple hundred dollars less, what if something is wrong with it or the draw-length is to short, etc. Youll wind up spending the difference at the shop....and the total price comes out close to the price of a new one.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Spike

I just bought a used parker hunter mag off of there due to a cracked limb on my 06 martin orion and the parker shoots twice as good as the martin ever did. I also bought a pse off of ebay a few years ago and it was a great buy and nothing at all was wrong with it. Most of the sellers give you seven days to return it after recieving incase theres something wrong with it. And if there is something wrong who ever sold it to you will have to make it right to you, because if they dont put in the description whats wrong then they will get in trouble by ebay
Old 10-08-2007, 04:32 PM

check out the classifieds here on this site there is always a few good bows cheaper that ebay....i like ebay, lots of good deals...
Old 10-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gobblegetterNY

Now, i know i may sound like a cheap SOB with this post but hey, i am. I went to the bow shop today and shot a few bows that were priced well into the %750+ Being the educated college kid that i am, i look them up on ebay and found them to be around $150-$250 dollars cheaper. The deals seem great but im not sure if i should trust buying them from someone i dont know because pictures never really seem to do a bow justice. I would like some feedback about what you all bow experts think about online auction bows. Thank you much.

-Al
NO guts no glorry ....

dd
Old 10-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

ORIGINAL: gobblegetterNY

-Al
NO guts no glorry ....

dd

haha gotta love the open ended responses
Old 10-08-2007, 05:34 PM

NO WARRANTY!! that's enough for me to shell out the extra dollars
Old 10-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my fiance a bow on ebay, was a great find, woman had only shot the thing probably 30 times, it was in mint condition, and got it for less than 1/2 retail... It was only 1 yr old too...
Old 10-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my switchback on ebay. It was just as the seller described it and it has worked great. Just make sure to buyfrom someone with good feedback and always ask questions before you buy. If you don't ask, you're screwed after the sale. I buy stuff on ebay all the time, mostly hunting related but some not, and I've had really good experiences so far. Good luck.

Quick Reply: bows on ebay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.