Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tennessee Doe down! >

Tennessee Doe down!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tennessee Doe down!

Old 10-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Tennessee Doe down!

Guys, this year I have been working alot and hunting harder than EVER. I've seen more deer already this year than my last two years combined. I picked up a new parcel of land to hunt through a friend I met while working in the shop. The main objective we decided for this year was to take as many does as we can. Well this morning it happened for me, the first deer of the year. To beat it all it was my first spot and stalk deer. My first deer I killed on the ground EVER, with any weapon. There was this spot on the farm that was really starting to attract me but I hadn't found a tree to throw a stand up in yet. I said I would set in my usual stand until 8:30-9:00 and then get down and go check "The Valley" to see if I could get up on something. Well 8:30 came and there were cows all around me, so I made the decision to get down. My friend decided he was going to walk with me and if nothing else, glass for me. We made it to the edge of the valley and saw a deer ALL the way across the other side of the field. We started our stalk and hadn't made it 30yards before we saw deer on the fence row we were on! We made the decision that these deer would be easier to stalk. They were roughly 100yards away when I started. I had alot of over hanging trees making it easy to stalk my way up the fence row. I get to a point where I thought I would be close, I poked my head out and there they were, 45 yards away. I drew back, then out of no where here comes a horse and nipped at me, so I had to let down. I think the horses let me get away with alot of movement. There were two big MATuRE deer that I saw, the closer I got I noticed that one was a buck, the buck was a messed up rack, I decided to pass on it. There were also 3 yearling does milling around, I decided to make those does the last resort. The horses spooked off the mature doe, the buck, and one of the small does. I eased my way a few yards closer, only to stop and draw my bow on the bigger of the two does. She took one step, stopped, and then I let her have it. I had judged the yardage at 30yards, I hit her pretty good and I knew it. When I hit her she took off on a DEAD sprint, just ripping up ground. I gave her about 20 minutes to get my bearings and a plan together. I went, found my arrow, covered in BRIGHT thin blood. After a celebratory fist pump, knowing how the tracking job was going to end we started following the trail. On a side note, the Rage broadheads are EVERYTHING they are hyped up to be. I'm sold on them and will be using them for a while. This was the most impressive blood trail I've ever seen. She was spraying everywhere, trees, bushes, leaves, I mean EVERYWHERE. A blind man could have followed it. She surprisingly made it about 200 yards, but as I said, she was on a dead sprint. Sorry for the bad picture, I usually try to take good ones, and shes not the biggest doe but a doe is a doe.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tennessee Doe down!

Nice start to the season for ya Cougar. Congrats on a fine doe.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

CONGRATS!!! Good eatin right there.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great deer! I'm in Tennessee also!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations there Cougars09, nice going but where are you in the picture? Sure looks like a dead doe.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations and good stalking job.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:43 PM

Congrats man! Nicely done.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:17 PM

Congrats bud......Nicely done!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good job, congrats! Thats the way to start the season off right! All your hard work is paying off!

Quick Reply: Tennessee Doe down!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.