Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First ever bow-kill(s) >

First ever bow-kill(s)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First ever bow-kill(s)

Old 10-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default First ever bow-kill(s)

FINALLY! After all of the work I put into learning to shoot, it paid off this week. The owner of the 500 acres we were hunting was having some dozer and track-hoe work done, and the deer were very nervous. Opening morning of AR season, this doe came sneaking by my stand in some thick cover. There was a tiny opening in the foilage and Ifigured she wouldgive me a shot there.I ranged it at 25 yards. She went right where I expected her to.I didn'ttry to stop her, but probably should have. The shot was a little farther back than I intended (I assume because she was moving), but it was awesome! I watched the luminock disappear on a double lung passthru and the arrow stuck in the ground. She jumped, bolted and ran 80 yards. I lost sight of herimmediately, but I heard her crash as she went down. Easy recovery.

The third day, I was hunting a different stand and had two does and a fawn working their way towards me eating acorns in the white oak stand I was hunting. When they got within range, I kept looking for a shot, but every time I had a shot and wanted to draw, one of them was looking in my direction. Finally, at about 10 yards, I had my chance. I got to full draw and settled the pin on the lead doe. I was about 25 feet up, and the angle was steep. I shot a little higher than I wanted, and the arrow clipped the spine on my side of her (her right side)and sliced her left lung on a pass through and again stuck in the ground. She dropped in her tracks, but managed to crawlabout 15yards before she expired. EASIER recovery. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera that day and don't have a pic.

Now I'm holding out for a buck. I've already passed on a small 6 pointer that would have tagged me out. I'm headed back this next weekend. Maybe I'll be able to tag out with a nice buck.

Oh by the way, the ASAT 3D suit is FANTASTIC. Not one of those deer gave me more than a cursory glance. Awesome! One other thing. I had a change of heart and I shot 125 grain Grim Reaper mechs. Awesome job. Even after a pass through and burying in the dirt, they were both intact and structurally sound. Just thought I'd share that.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First ever bow-kill(s)

Congrats on the Does!
Old 10-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

LC, congrats on your first and second bow kills. The first ones are always special. Way to go and good job on making your kills like a seasoned veteran.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Way to go LC, sounds like all your practice is really paying off. Congrats on the firsts....
Old 10-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ditto here from what Rob said
Old 10-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats man on both of the deer i might have to look into the 85 grim reapers...
Old 10-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats...
Old 10-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

Great job L.C. My first one this year also went straight down. It sure was nice not having to track her when it's this warm....the skeeters would eat you alive!
Congrats!
crutch
Old 10-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats!! good job!!
Old 10-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go there Little Chief , thats fantastic I'm very happy for you , you got your first ever bow kill and some meat in the freezer.
Congrats to my freind , she looks like a mighty fine doe and I'm sure she'll be real tasty too , sounds like you had a real good time.

Quick Reply: First ever bow-kill(s)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.