Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just happened upon a photo.....Post yours >

Just happened upon a photo.....Post yours

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just happened upon a photo.....Post yours

Old 10-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just happened upon a photo.....Post yours

Blanche White and her kids......they live next to my camp.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our woods:

Old 10-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found this little guy while watering our hanging baskets.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

took this one in 2005 at my parents house, my son and my mom found it hiding in a fence row while riding a golf cart.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Spike

4-Time NCAA DIVISION I Wrestling National Champions!!! Oklahoma State University!! I wrestled for OSU between 2003-2007. These are our rings!!

Old 10-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here some
Old 10-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Wow! You guys have taken some great pictures! I love this thread. Here are some of mine, starting with pictures here in VA near where I hunt, and progressing to more exotic natural locations.

Here's the view from the bottom of the land where I do most of my hunting. It is forest and mountain where I hunt just above this:

Here's sunrise on the farm where I usually stay with friends. This was taken just off the front porch of their 200+ year old farmhouse on the Shenandoah River:

Here's the view on a misty day from a pad we've pushed out fora housemy wife and I plan to buildnear Criders, just a few hundred yards on the Virginia side of the Virginia/West Virginia border. I cut-and-pasted four pictures together to create a panoramic view:

Here's a picture of my wife and me from the same site on a clear day. I think the faint furthest ridge you see in the background is the Blue Ridge, about 50 miles away:

Here's the view from a place where I sometimes camp on a friend's land on the New River here in VA, which, I understand, is ironically one of, if not the, oldest rivers in the world:

Here's a picture taken from the top of those same cliffs:

Here's a picture taken from Sky Line Drive, which runs along the Blue Ridge here in VA:

And here's the view from Mary's Rock, which is a nice hike that runs above one of the stops along Sky Line Drive. That road you see below is Sky Line Drive:

This is a picture of the cherry blossoms near the Washington Monumentin Washington, DC. There are thousands of these trees around the tidal basin and the Washington Monument and the DC area in general. They were a gift from Japan a couple of decades before WWII. This picture doesn't do them justice:

Here's a picture I took a few years back on some lattice in our yard. It had snowed, then iced on top of the snow. Then the snow melted first, leaving dozens of these little arched "bridges" of ice behind:

Here is Hurricane Isabella coming into Fenwick Island, DE. The picture was taken from my sister's porch:

This picture of two wild dolphins jumping was taken from my brother-in-law's boat in the Atlantic off of Delaware:

This is my wife sticking her tongue out at me from the top of the mountain at Steamboat Springs, COearlier thisyear:

These next threepictures were taken on a trip with my brother to Montana and Wyoming. I was using a disposable camera, which is why they're so grainy. Immediately after this picture was taken the one ram mounted the other[:'(]:

These next two pictures were taken in Yellowstone National Park:

This is my sister Jennifer swimming in the water off of Costa Rica witha wild humpback whale and its baby. She said that the whales kept hanging around them and seemed very curious and that the mother whale did not seem to be concerned at all about her baby. Maybe because they could have swallowed my sister whole, if they wanted to!

Here is my brother-in-law standing next toa huge tree on their land (~60 acres of rainforest) in Costa Rica. Note on scale: He's about 6'7":

Here he is with a marlin my sister caught in their boat:

The next two are some Costa Rican wildlife on their property down there. A bird:

...and a sloth, which I understandis one of the deadly sins...:

Here is a picture of a Yellowjack my brother-in-law caught spearfishing in the Florida Keys:

These next two (and final) pictures are from a camping trip I took to the Altai Moutnains in Siberia, near the border with Mongolia. The mountains there are beautiful. Very old, similar to the Appalachians, although the Alatai Mountains get abit bigger than the Appalachians. The first picture is taken from a hike above camp:

This last picture is of me swimming in some rapids near camp. They mademe pass a "swimming test" before they would letme go down the rapids in the inflatable pontoon raft we packed in with us. The water was COLD (and deliciously drinkable)!

Thanks for you patience. I know this is a lot of pictures!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

For those of you who like nature pcitures, here's a link I have on my Google ome page. This guy has taken some awesome nature pics, IMHO.

http://www.rockslidephoto.com