Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

going out

Old 10-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default going out

i just wanted to let everyone know that i am going to try and do some annny whacking from the ground tonite. i just got home from school, early dimissal and am ready to head out the door. so wish me luck. hopefully i will have some pics and meat tonite.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: going out

Best of luck to ya!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:00 AM

goodluck
Old 10-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

well my hunt was short lived due to the fact that i was walked upon by some anti's. i was on public land and was well away from the road no reason for them to be there. so here goes the stroy. i pulled into the parking lot at 11:45 and saw 2 people holding cameras and taking pictures of the wild life. i figured nothing of it and went on my way. well after i was all packed up i started the 1.5 mile journey to my secret spot, well i was there for about 30 minutes and then heard walking behind me about 30 yards. remember i am on the ground. so my heart starts to race and i figure i am going to get a shot so i see movement but can't tell what it is it was in very thick cover. so i wait and as it approaches the opening i draw only to be looking at the two photographers that were in the parking lot. so i let down and they do not see me so i stand up and they get mad, they said i scared them. well i went on to tell them that they were not allowed to be out there unless they were bowhunting, to which the girl replied we don't hunt we're vegans. so then they start yelling at me saying it is horrible to hunt and they hope i never kill anything, and i am getting angry so i leave. while walking out i called conservation and explained what happened. well these 2 "vegans" ran quickly to their car and left. i saw them leaving just as i was exiting a trail to the road, i see their car come flying past me right towards the conservation officer. sadly he never knew it was them and only took a report and said that if he caught them they would go to jail for harassing hunters. i hope no one else ever has to be interupted and deal with this kind of behavior. and to boot i am only 17 years old and was alone and that was the only reason they got so ignorant, thinking that i will get scared and just let it slide, well they thought wrong. they messed witrh the wrong kid. if i ever see them out there again i will call conservation before i even let them know i am there so they get in trouble. sorry for the long post but i had to vent.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sry to hear that man! Gosh darn antis[:@][:@][:@]