Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lock on idea.... Summit Trophy Chair? >

Lock on idea.... Summit Trophy Chair?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lock on idea.... Summit Trophy Chair?

Old 10-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Lock on idea.... Summit Trophy Chair?

Ok so I absolutely love my Summit climber as it isso comfortable...... However I hate all of my lockon's seats as they are super uncomfortable.....

So I was thinking.... If I bought one of those Summit Trophy chairs and took all of the seats of my lockons and used the Trophy chair in their place I would be able to sit in comfort no matter how cheap and uncomfortable the lockon brands seat is.

Anyone have any experience with the Trophy chair?

[/align]
Old 10-03-2007, 07:31 PM

Default RE: Lock on idea.... Summit Trophy Chair?

I bought one a couple years ago for my dad so he could gun hunt in a little more comfort. Excellent seat and very comfortable (no surprises). The chair folds up I believe now which is the only negative about the one I have.

For the price of a lock on + trophy seat you could probably just buy low end Summit climbers and leave them at the tree though couldn't ya??
Old 10-03-2007, 07:31 PM

I don't know dude, it looks to me if you just used that chair, you wouldn't have a true "sling seat" and wouldn't be as comfortable....You would still have to use the seat platform, right? You couldn't cut that off and just use the foot platform, you wouldn't have any way to lock it to the tree.....You would have to do it in a way that the seat was suspended over the seat of the lock on.....

Man, that sounds confusing.....[&:]
Old 10-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I bought one a couple years ago for my dad so he could gun hunt in a little more comfort. Excellent seat and very comfortable (no surprises). The chair folds up I believe now which is the only negative about the one I have.

For the price of a lock on + trophy seat you could probably just buy low end Summit climbers and leave them at the tree though couldn't ya??
I don't know dude, it looks to me if you just used that chair, you wouldn't have a true "sling seat" and wouldn't be as comfortable....You would still have to use the seat platform, right? You couldn't cut that off and just use the foot platform, you wouldn't have any way to lock it to the tree.....You would have to do it in a way that the seat was suspended over the seat of the lock on.....

I have a lot of lockons in place..... Well over a dozen.... I was thinking just unbolt the hinging part of the seat from the lockonstand and carry the trophy chair in and out with me to use with each of the lockon setups.

Am I making any sense here?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I have a lot of lockons in place..... Well over a dozen.... I was thinking just unbolt the hinging part of the seat from the lockonstand and carry the trophy chair in and out with me to use with each of the lockon setups.

I understood what you want to do.............only one way to find out really. Get a seat and hook it up. It is a very nice product and secures up nice and solid. Worst case scenerio is you have a nice seat to hunt turkey out of if it doesn't work out on the lock ons.

I was just debating with my good friend yesterday about if lock ons are worth the effort I put into them........I have to go hang them and then go get them after the season so they don't get stolen and all they save me is from carrying my summit in on long walks.............big deal. They suck for comfort and are 10 times more dangerous to climb in and out of and hunt from for that matter. I may leave mine up this year and if they disappear so be it. I have considered hiding my climber in the woods many times but always chicken out [8D]
Old 10-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, i know what you are saying.... I use lockons on any bedding area setups, .... So I can slip in and out quiet as possible. I use the climber in transition areas or any area not within 100 yards of a bedding area. Although I doleave most of my lockonsup year around.

I seem to bump more deer when exiting the woods when I use the climber..... I believe it is from the extra time it takes to climb down and quietly pack it up.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

that dont sound like a bad idea buckeye...like atlas said, only one way to find out!!

atlas...im with you 10000% about the lock ons...PIA to hang..PIA to remove..PIA to climb into..PIA to sit on...litterally.

gotta carry in 5 steps because i cant leave them there in fear of it "walking away" or my luck, some kid gets bored and climbs my steps and falls and its MY fault

really...unless im hunting in an area i cannot get a climber into, i really dont see myself ever using one again. got 2 up this year. will use one a couple more times...if needed..but really...i hate them lol. i started out hunting from a Summit Viper. not THAT hard to carry or pack or setup or climb with....and SOOOO comfortable it aint funny....and if you dont feel safe in THAT, you arent gunna feel safe in a treestand PERIOD. so i guess im spoiled....but the lock ons will ONLY be used in places i cant finangle a climber in....
Old 10-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Scott, I did the same thing as mentioned above; I bought one for my father to gun hunt out of several years back. I think he took it to the woods with him once, and I really don't think he ever used it. He's from that mindset of "it's easier to sit on a stump" than having to mess with any new-fangled technology!

I sat in it once myself, and it IS comfy, just as you'd expect from a Summit seat of this nature. I think it's definetly worth a try... especially when you're needing to sit in a hang-on more than a couple hours.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Update..

I ordered the Trophy Chair and it should be here on Tuesday.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:19 AM
Host of Hosts

I understand what your asking... It should work just fine in my opinion

Quick Reply: Lock on idea.... Summit Trophy Chair?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.