Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Elephant taken with Bow >

Elephant taken with Bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elephant taken with Bow

Old 10-04-2007, 01:59 PM

Default RE: Elephant taken with Bow

You just have to excuse "some" people.

Some of the same people whining about shooting an elephant because it doesn't meet some personal standard as a game animal or some arbitrary measure of challenge are probably shooting deer, bear or pigs over piles of corn or in green fields. Personally, if that is how a person chooses to hunt, and it is legal, then more power to them.
An elephant hunt may not have some of the specific challenges of a deer or goat hunt, but it absoloutly has some unique aspects that make it challenging in it's own right.
While a person is certainly within their right to say, "not for me" they have no right to tell me, or anyone else "not for you".
Hank
Old 10-04-2007, 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

The bow hunting bond? That sounds gay!
Another prime example...
Immaturity at its best.

Mr Killer Primate,
Have you ever been with a brother, father, Grand-father, or Friend hunting?
If you have, after spending some time with them outdoors hunting, or just being with them... Have you ever felt a little bit "closer" to them than you did before maybe? Like you had more in common? I think bowhunters are a close knit group for the most part... We have to stick together, and again, here you are posting your highly opinionated, overly socialized, liberal views on a hunting forum... You should go visit a PETA forum, or maybe a Gay pride rally...? Since your so in touch with what is gay and what is not.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:18 PM

Absolutely unbelievable hunt. You had a great thrill and did a lot for that community. Money for wildlife management with the tag. Money for guides etc, and a ton of food for the people of this area....actual several tons of food.

Leaving the meet there is no different than Hunter's for the Hungry program.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:00 PM

Thanks for the support.

How'd you get by on this site with listing Jim Shockey's website. I wanted to share my photos and video with you and the site administrator blocked my posttelling me I could not direct you to my site. Just wondering, my show was named as one of the top 3 viewer favorite shows on The Sportsman Channel last year, but maybe I still don't care as much wt as Jim. Oh we'll I tried to post the info, but maybe you can figure it out on your own.

Actually I just return from this hunt so this show has not run yet, but it will in the next few months. It will then be posted to my site.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

this is insane
Old 10-04-2007, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

cool!
Old 10-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with RJ on this.

Why put down someone who came on this site, posted an interesting detailed hunt that is alien
to most of us, and answered and responded to every question and thoughtless accusation?

Thanks for the posts Broadside, sounds like a hell of an experience.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Crat32

Some of you people make me absolutely sick...

Here we are on a "HUNTING" forum...questioning the success of a fellow hunter, and a BOW hunter at that! What should be the strongest bonds among men and hunters, the bowhunting bond...

Some of you people are acting like ethic's lawyers and giving this man a bunch of crap over his amazing accomplishment.
Shame on you, you know who you are.

If you dont want to congratulate a fellow hunter on a dream come true, whether its a first deer kill or a elephant killed with a bow, then why not just keep your thoughts to yourself on his freakin ethics? Thats for the Anti's to worry about... my gosh.

What a bunch of immature, spoiled little brats some of you can be...your supposed to be men. MOST of you act like it, a select few act like 8 year old boys. How embarrased I feel for you, truthfully, how do you go about insulting a commrade?

Broadside has accomplished a feat that not too many bowhunters can say they've done. Give him some respect and your compliments on a job well done... If you are against any kind of hunting, why are you reading and registered on a HUNTING forum?

I feel so bad for the future generations up and coming that truely love hunting... What a bunch of "World class Role-models" some of you are going to make... At each others throats over something that we are supposed to share and enjoy together... SHAME ON YOU.

Before I forget to mention it,
Broadside... Well done sir, well done. You are luckier than most to have the opportunity to do something of that caliber.
Crat32 how are you going to come on here with your little27 posts and throw your weight around? Don't come off like that untillatleast another 75 posts! Up until I read your postthiswhole thread was just opinions anddebate. You made it personal with some of your classless coments! I would love tosit down with you one on one anytime for a little chit chat about what it is to be a rolemodel!
As for fellow hunters and the "bow hunting bond" I know a lot of people who call themselves "bowhunters"when in truth they are more like poachers, tresspassers and criminals. Just becausea person has a computer and makes posts on this great website does not grant them instant respect in my book! And just because someone is an outdoorsman, has a bowand shares the same sport as medoes not make them my friend.
Last time I checked,this was a free country andwe could share our thoughts on everythread that was started. For thepeople dogging us forour negative comments, thatmakes you just as bad as us for dogging yours. The bottom line is everyone has their ownopinion on things, and for some of us "exotics" are better off seen behind a fence ata zoolike someone mentioned earlier. I guess ever since I saw Ted Nugent nail aZebraover a waterhole,shooting some exotics strikes a special nervewith me.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ohiobuck25

ORIGINAL: Crat32

Some of you people make me absolutely sick...

Here we are on a "HUNTING" forum...questioning the success of a fellow hunter, and a BOW hunter at that! What should be the strongest bonds among men and hunters, the bowhunting bond...

Some of you people are acting like ethic's lawyers and giving this man a bunch of crap over his amazing accomplishment.
Shame on you, you know who you are.

If you dont want to congratulate a fellow hunter on a dream come true, whether its a first deer kill or a elephant killed with a bow, then why not just keep your thoughts to yourself on his freakin ethics? Thats for the Anti's to worry about... my gosh.

What a bunch of immature, spoiled little brats some of you can be...your supposed to be men. MOST of you act like it, a select few act like 8 year old boys. How embarrased I feel for you, truthfully, how do you go about insulting a commrade?

Broadside has accomplished a feat that not too many bowhunters can say they've done. Give him some respect and your compliments on a job well done... If you are against any kind of hunting, why are you reading and registered on a HUNTING forum?

I feel so bad for the future generations up and coming that truely love hunting... What a bunch of "World class Role-models" some of you are going to make... At each others throats over something that we are supposed to share and enjoy together... SHAME ON YOU.

Before I forget to mention it,
Broadside... Well done sir, well done. You are luckier than most to have the opportunity to do something of that caliber.
Crat32 how are you going to come on here with your little27 posts and throw your weight around? Don't come off like that untillatleast another 75 posts! Up until I read your postthiswhole thread was just opinions anddebate. You made it personal with some of your classless coments! I would love tosit down with you one on one anytime for a little chit chat about what it is to be a rolemodel!
As for fellow hunters and the "bow hunting bond" I know a lot of people who call themselves "bowhunters"when in truth they are more like poachers, tresspassers and criminals. Just becausea person has a computer and makes posts on this great website does not grant them instant respect in my book! And just because someone is an outdoorsman, has a bowand shares the same sport as medoes not make them my friend.
Last time I checked,this was a free country andwe could share our thoughts on everythread that was started. For thepeople dogging us forour negative comments, thatmakes you just as bad as us for dogging yours. The bottom line is everyone has their ownopinion on things, and for some of us "exotics" are better off seen behind a fence ata zoolike someone mentioned earlier. I guess ever since I saw Ted Nugent nail aZebraover a waterhole,shooting some exotics strikes a special nervewith me.
Wow! I need to get some popcorn!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:41 PM

want to grab me some well your in the kitchen

Quick Reply: Elephant taken with Bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.