Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Broadhead Practice >

Broadhead Practice

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead Practice

Old 10-02-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Broadhead Practice

Just wondering which would be better to shoot a few broadheads at? Morrel yellow jacket bag, or delta 3d deer?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Broadhead Practice

Alot of these targets say right on them that they can take broadheads or at least the manufacturers say that anyway. To tell you the truth hardly any of the ones i've bought last very long at all. I recently picked up a block target and i've shot probably 200 arrows in it and thats coming apart too!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:35 PM

I had a block 4x4 and was very unimpressed. Im just looking to shoot maybe 3 broad heads at just too see where they shoot. Wondering which will take it better
Old 10-03-2007, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't shoot them into your bag target. You may never get them out, or at the least they will cut it up fast. Your 3D target should take limited broadhead shooting fine. Personally I would invest in the yellow jacket BROADHEAD target. It's fairly inexpensive and works very well.
www.broadheadtests.com
Old 10-03-2007, 08:10 AM

CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO FOR SOME GOOD INFO, PASS IT ON TO YOUR HUNTING BUDS
Old 10-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bought a Yellow Jacket about 3 years ago, its a good product...I do not practice with field points, quit 8-9 years ago...I used to save newspapers and stuff in a box, finally went out and bought a decent target for broadheads...
I feel that it helps your confidence level to practice with what you will be shooting in the field with....I take 3 arrows and designate them as practice arrows and leave the rest in my quiver.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Broad head Practice

Fire a couple at the Delta.

The Morrel bag does not like broad heads.

You need some sort of foam target for broad heads.

I know I will catch some heat for this BUT.

I really don't see any great need to do a lot of broad head shooting.

Once you take the time to tune your bow so that the broad heads shoot to the same place as your field tips, why tear up your targets ?

After tuning the bow and every thing shoots to the same place I practice with the field tips.

When I practice (20-50 shots a day), my first shot is with a broad head and my last shot is with a broad head the rest is field tips.

Saves wear and tear on the McKenzie, gives me confidence in the most important shot (the first one),
lets me know that bow has stayed in tune.

A lot of guys say they practice with the broad headsto be familiar with the wind.

I have found very little to practice about.

Ifyou shoot at reasonable distances in reasonable wind the arrow is going to hit pretty much where you are aiming.

This works for me but everybody has to find what is best for them

IMHO

Leo
Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 AM

Default RE: Broad head Practice

After I confirmed that my Slick Tricks hit very close or the same that my field points, I only practice with FP...like someboday said already...no need to tear apart my target..them Slick Tricks can do some damage!!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 5 shot

Don't shoot them into your bag target. You may never get them out, or at the least they will cut it up fast. Your 3D target should take limited broadhead shooting fine. Personally I would invest in the yellow jacket BROADHEAD target. It's fairly inexpensive and works very well.
www.broadheadtests.com
Yep
Old 10-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Dominant Buck

My yellow jacket lasted less than 1 season.

Quick Reply: Broadhead Practice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.