Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Things been slow 1st two days in Pa.!! >

Things been slow 1st two days in Pa.!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Things been slow 1st two days in Pa.!!

Old 10-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Things been slow 1st two days in Pa.!!

Well after a rocky start on Sat. I did manage to see a 4 point that evening. I hunted all day yesterday seen 2 doe. Man I think the dry weather and the warm the deer are nocturnal. How is everyone else in Pa. Making out in this dry weather? Other than you Matt/pa Hell of a job!!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Things been slow 1st two days in Pa.!!

It's still pretty warm to be hunting all day or expecting movement all day. If you do, I'd hunt nearwater. The weather is supposed to take a turn for the better next monday night/tuesday mornings. Lows in the lower 40's highs only around 60.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I meant to say I hunted in morning and evening! But things are still slow I normally see lots of deer but things are slow. Glad to hear the weather is gonna turn!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

I was only out Saturday morning, seeing 4 doe anda nice 1.5 yo 4 point. going out today to scout an area that I was told holds a nice thick herd.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Dominant Buck

"Might" have something to do with the moon phase, too
Old 10-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted Saturday and Monday and saw a doe and two fawns. It was warm yesterday though. I'm taking the kids out tonight. Its a little cooler and the barometer is on the rise. I only got does and fawns on my trail came during the last month!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Spike

I hunt a really good area, there is a "deer problem". Opening day of doe season my buddy and I each shot one. Opening day of buck my buddy shot a nice 8 point I wanted to shoot the bigger one it was with but never had a shot. I let a 6 point walk and a few does. I shot a doe this morning, I thought she was hurt but it turned out she only had 3 legs. Wierd, right after I shot her another big doe and 2 fawns came around. My buddy saw 6 or 7 does and a 1 horner. I would definitly say the deer are doing wierd things. Moving at different times then normal and taking different paths then normal but they are moving. I'm in chester county

Old 10-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

I did not see anything Saturday morning. Saturday evening was pretty good, harvested a nice doe and seen a few others. No bucks that day though. I am stuck at work all week and will not get to go out again until Saturday.[:'(]
Old 10-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was out Saturday twice and yesterday afternoon. I have yet to see a tail but I do agree that the moon probably has something to do with it. Last night I had four does sneak behind my blind. My son and I did not see but a buddy of ours caught them sneaking onto the private land.

Timing and location...timing and location.......