Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Son oab, above average temps the month of OCT! >

Son oab, above average temps the month of OCT!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Son oab, above average temps the month of OCT!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Son oab, above average temps the month of OCT!

That does not sound good. Projected above normal temps for the Northeast the month of Oct....I'd hate to push forward and wish Nov was here however, cooler weather would be nice. The next week in PA in my area is pushing 80.....with no rain in site.[&:]
Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 PM

Default RE: Son oab, above average temps the month of OCT!

You're preachin to the choir there my friend! It was pushing 90 here yesterday, and will be the rest of this week......

BUT, by Sunday, the highs will be in the mid to upper 60's.......BIG cold front coming in Saturday night, and you can bet yer bottom dollar I'll be in a tree Sunday morning.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

You're preachin to the choir there my friend! It was pushing 90 here yesterday, and will be the rest of this week......

BUT, by Sunday, the highs will be in the mid to upper 60's.......BIG cold front coming in Saturday night, and you can bet yer bottom dollar I'll be in a tree Sunday morning.
Ditto here...Sunda night as well...homework allowing.[:@]
Old 10-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

I long for the days of early October frosts, they have been scarce here the last few years. I didn't even make it out opening day today......lack of sleep, tired from work and warm temps made me stay home.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:36 PM

Man, its been frigid here. Down in the 30's at night, highs in the mid-50's to low 60's. Rain all the time. I can't wait for November.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

The first couple of weeks during bow season, it was really hot around here. It has fianlly cooled down and the bucks are starting to run with the does.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Ditto here...Sunda night as well...homework allowing.[:@]
Yup, I got a final Monday afternoon, but I'll be in the stand all weekend, and hopefully get to hunt sunday night if I get some studying done. Heck hopeffully i wont need to hunt sunday night!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Bartender

Rob we just got some rain but I have not heard what is projected for Wi. You find this info online pal?
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

That does not sound good. Projected above normal temps for the Northeast the month of Oct....I'd hate to push forward and wish Nov was here however, cooler weather would be nice. The next week in PA in my area is pushing 80.....with no rain in site.[&:]
Old 10-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's getting ridiculous. This will make 4 straight years of "too warm" weather for hunting purposes.For the last 3 seasons, temps in late Oct./early Nov wre pushing 80 at times. This translated into little or no daytime activity during the rut - the time I save my vacation for. Last year we had just a couple nice, cool days during the rut and I killed a doe and 2 nice bucks during that time period. The rest of the time, I was sitting there, too warm and not seeing anything.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

Rob we just got some rain but I have not heard what is projected for Wi. You find this info online pal?
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Tony, no I watched out local forecast and it's projecting above normal for PA throughout the Northeast into Maine. This week is suppose to warm up as the week continues. I was hoping for just the opposite. I do however remember last Oct and sitting the first couple weeks into the 80's as well. Too damn warm, I was out there but it was too warm for much movement.

Quick Reply: Son oab, above average temps the month of OCT!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.