Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

October Better?

Old 10-01-2007, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default October Better?

Well September is officially gone, and October is here, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit. For the first time in many years, September bow season left a lot to be disired. I saw very few deer the month of Sept. Hopefully October will be alot better than September. I tried placing some buckola at some stand sites that have been normally very very HOT and it just sat there untouched. Im not sure if its all the acorns this year or if some aliens have abducted all the deer. It used to be nothing to see 20 deer a nite in one stand, now its nerve shaking to see one. Whats going on, anyone else in Wi having the same outcome?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:58 AM
Bartender

Default RE: October Better?

So far Tony I only have gotten out 3 times with no buck sightings. Got a doe out of 7 doe sightings.
This coming weekend the 6-7th should be good if history is anything. I seem to do great with doe's every year around this time.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Well last week a shot a doe,but couldent find it.[:@] Then the deer stoped comeing to my bait, and only whent to my dads. Now we left this spot alone and hunted at my grandpas home this weekend, and saw lots of deer there. But no shooters whent back to my other spot last night, and the deer are back so next weekend should be good! In other words by september and hellow october deer fest O and when its hoter out try apples the deer seem to like it more than anything else i throw out just what I learnd.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very hot here as well. Temps are expected to be in the 90s all week. That sucks! I saw 2 does on the opener Saturday, killed a hog Sat evening and nothing Sunday AM. Too hot to hunt Sunday PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

tx journeyman we have a decent cold front coming this weekend sould be better!
Old 10-02-2007, 02:15 PM

I missed 2 does. I only saw about25 deer. Only 3 were in range. Most were on a field about 100 yards away. I havent seen a deer in a field for at least 3 weeks. Pretty depressing here. Lets hope oct is better and colder1
Old 10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

We defenitely cold use the cold front here in Tx as could most other states from the sounds on the forums. I guess only time will tell.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have taken my out for the youth season in IA the last 2 weeks of september and we saw some deer but overall it was poor. We could only hunt the weekends when it was almost 80....and in the middle of the week it was 20 deg cooler[:@]

I work near madison through the week....the last week of september there were a ton of deer out in the alfalfa by where I stay...including a 150" 10....made me wish i had a wisconsin bow tag.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted 24 sits. Saw one of the big bucks I was after 2 x and the other 1 x.

Saw a lot of does and otheryoungerbucksat first light, same places day after day after day...and last light in the bottoms but not any that I wanted to pursue.

I did not glass (in some places I can glass for miles)one mature buck (4.5)anywhere for the entire month of Sept except for the two bucks I had been targeting.Basically saying if I wasnt in on on the fringe of their bedroom I wasn't going to even see them.. they have all they need right there..food water..cover

Kind of a strange Sept compared to years past thought... usually I see a few more big bucks lurking around in the late evenings through my binocs on private lands I cant hunt.. I think there are more guys out this year than I have ever witnessed giving bowhunting a try..

Old 10-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I haven't seen a mature buck.....yet. I haven't expected to, though.

BEST thing about October......is cooler temps. I'm looking forward to that first frost.....and for the farmers to get these BLASTED BEANS out of the fields!

Quick Reply: October Better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.