Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Broken Cable Slider >

Broken Cable Slider

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broken Cable Slider

Old 09-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Broken Cable Slider

I bought this diamond justice new in March of this year. It's broken two of the plastic cable slides. What's causing this? The guy at the bow shop said it must be a bad batch of plastic, but tonight I drawed on a deer and mid draw it broke. This is very frustrating, it ruined my hunt tonight and the hunt for Saturday morning. Hopefully i can get one tommorrow and make the afternoon hunt.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broken Cable Slider

If the slides are ok, then cables might be too tight. Id try getting either a sims slide or the new alpine slide, both are durable and both say they might pick you up a couple FPS.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have the new Alpine Mach 5. pricey little bugger...but its teflon and its NOT WHITE!!! and the camo matches my bow i just cant stand the white teflon ones.

i figured it was worth the money if it fixed my problem. problem was the plasted OEM slide seemed to "chatter" in the rain. i would draw smoothly, but it would stop and inch its way back..annoying and made noise. tested it, and it doesnt chatter in the rain cant speak about the speed. it DOES pull my cables pretty hard...im getting a littleeee cable wear...but by the time it gets BAD it will be time to replace the string anyways. actually aint hurting anything...just looks wierd because of what it does to the string wax in that 1-2"...i checked and it isnt fraying it or anything...
Old 09-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one on both my bows mauser and love them. Mine came from the factory with the sims white teflon, not a big fan of much of anything white on my camo bow.