Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ILLINOIS OPENER

Old 09-28-2007, 09:16 AM

Default ILLINOIS OPENER

WELL ITS THAT TIME AGAIN ITS ALMOST HERE I CANT WAIT. I AM HUNTING IN MEDEWIN WHICH IS THE THE OLD JOLIET ARSENAL. WHICH IN THE PASSED HAS PRODUCED SOME AWESOME DEER. I GUESS IM ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES. I ALSO RECEIVED A FULL SEASON GUN TAG.THERE WERE 1400 APPLICANTS AND THEY ISSUED 75 FULL SEASON TAGS. SO THIS COULD BE THE YEAR FOR ME I HOPE. I HAVE FRIENDS WHO HAVE BEEN APPLYING HERE FOR YEARS AND HAVE NEVER GOT PICKED . THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME AND I GOT PICKED TALK ABOUT LUCKY. THIS PLACE IS SO BIG YOU CAN USE A BIKE TO GET BACK TO WHERE YOU WANNA HUNT. I BELEIVE ITS LIKE 7000 ACRES............WELL IF ANYONE ELSE HAS EVER HUNTED HERE I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT IT THANKS..............
Old 09-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ILLINOIS OPENER

Man am I pumped for Monday!!!! I will be hunting my "funnel stand" over looking a 21 acre soy bean field in Scott County IL. The beans have been harvested and I believe this will make a great place. The funnel leads into my bean field from the adjacent property. It looks to be an awesome spot. It should be a real hot spot during the chase phase of the rut. I have gotten a few decent game cam pics from the area. The yellow dot on the map is where my stand is located. Here are also a few of the pictures I have gotten from the area.

Here is the one I would like to see monday evening.

can't wait to see this guy in a year or two.

This picture was taken before he shed his antlers from last year. I bet this buck will look pretty good now.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Good Luck to all....be safe.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:11 AM

Gotta wait till next saturday before I can get out. Work commitments. Don't want to smell up the woods rushing out right after work, BUT, GOT THE WHOLE MONTH OF NOVEMBER OFF!!!!!! Good Luck to everyone, Be Safe, trackem hard if ya haft too!!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just remember if you are bowhunting this weekend in Illinois it is the youth season and have to wear orange!! Walt
Old 09-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Just remember if you are bowhunting this weekend in Illinois it is the youth season and have to wear orange!! Walt
Bow season is not open this weekend in IL. It opens monday. Next weekend, Oct. 6 and 7th is the youth weekend and you must where orange even while bowhunting.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:35 PM

I was hoping to be out opening day but my bow is still in the shop/ waiting on Bowtech to send the limbs.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:41 PM

Thought they were fed ex'd last THURSDAY!!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 01:48 PM

I don't think Bowtech fed ex's anymore, I think they went to using pony express. At this rate I should get them sometime in 2008.
Thats them cracking the whip on the pony
Old 09-28-2007, 01:50 PM

Bow Season 2008 opens on October 1st, I think it is a Tuesday!!!!!

Quick Reply: ILLINOIS OPENER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.