Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestands?

Old 01-11-2003, 08:42 PM

Default Treestands?

What is everyones favorite treestand, i am looking to buy a new one and am trying to get as much advice as possible Thanks
Old 01-11-2003, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Treestands?

Well I just bought a Summit Cobra XLS climbing stand and I love it. Its lightweight compared to other climbing stands (17 lbs.) Its easy to pack in the woods and it comes with a full body harness.
As for hangon stands my favorite is the LocOn Superspirit with the speedhitch rope. I also have a API Grandslam Bowhunter that I really like, but it is a little heavier than the Summit.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-12-2003, 01:26 AM

i like the summit viper i am thinking about getting the big shot as well i tried my buddies and really like it they are both a little heavy but i don't like heights that much and are comfortable in these stands
Old 01-12-2003, 05:14 AM

I like my Buckshot Bigshot. Very comfortable and feel very secure. Easy to climb with. I've used Summit stands before and did not like the way you had to climb.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

If you want a climber I suggest you check out the Lone Wolf climbing stands before you make a final decision. It folds flat to carry in and out, weighs either 15.5 or 16.5 lbs.(depending on which model), and is the quietest climbing stand packing, climbing, or hunting in. The aircraft cable reinforced belt absolutely grabs the tree with no damage to the tree or the belt!!!!

Archerychick, you might be interested to know that an area pro shop dealer's wife(not a big woman) uses the Lone Wolf exclusively and she could have her pick of any stands. My 64 year old fatherinlaw was so impressed with mine he now owns one.

Its the best hunting purchase I made in the last few years besides my bow.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are a lot of things to consider when buying a tree stand. how will you use it, do you want a climber of fixed position stand. Do you want very light weight or comfort, how much do you wiegh etc. In a climbing stand I have used nothing better than the Summit line. The cable attachment system is quiet and rock solid. The stands do not squeek or make any noise once set in place. They are very easy to climb with, and pack very nicely. I prefer comfort and a more secure feeling over light wieght, so the Summit viper and Goliath stands are my choice. If wieght were a concern the bushmaster and cobra models would be your best bet. As for a Hang on stand, Summit makes a great one as well, the Copperhead XL. it hangs quickly and quietly and remains that way. It is also very comfortable and user friendly.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 01-12-2003, 06:23 PM

Climbers are the way to go. Fixed postitions are great to get good cover but are not very versatile and that last minute change in deer sign doesnt make it very easy to move you location. I have a summit viper xls which I have had now for 2 years. It developed a creek in the platform ( which is very unlikly with summits, but happens from time to time with any stand) and I called summit and told them about the problem and within a week I had a brand new stand shipped to me for free. The customer service, versatility, stablility, quietness and comfort are unmatched and unequaled in my opinion. Summit is the way to go.
http://www.summitstands.com

Kill em' Wide and High!!!

Steven J. Collins (Trock63)
Bowdaddy Productions
Old 01-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Summit cobra during the 2001 season. It has been the best hunting investment I've made. I've only killed one deer out of in but without I wouldn't see half as many deer as I do now. Its great being able to hunt diffrent locations everyday. The only downside to a climber would be the selection of trees to get in. They can't go up every tree but in most timbers there are always a few to get up in. I would recommend any type of climber to anyone. But I especially recommend a summit stand becuase of their light weight and quietness. I also like summit because of the customer relations. I have called and wrote the company numerous times and have always had my questions answered and problems solved.

Old 01-12-2003, 09:25 PM

I bought a Summit Viper XLS this year. I wish I had been hunting out of it all along. I will be buying a few hang-on stands this off-season though because of the different needs and applications of both climbers/hangons.
Graham Outdoors

Quick Reply: Treestands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.