Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm crazy, I think I can make it out. >

I'm crazy, I think I can make it out.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm crazy, I think I can make it out.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default I'm crazy, I think I can make it out.

I'm out of my mind. I just can't not go. Kurt (Q2INWHITETAILS) is coming up tomorrow morn. He's going to help me hang another stand around noon when the deer should be down. We'll hang it in my Pin Oak where I killed my buck last year and watched a 20 some in 10 point years past. It's got major branches to the ground and with some new climbing sticks I should be able to use my arms, left knee and good leg. I can put some weight on my cast, not all of it but some so....wish me luck, I know I'm nuts to try but I have to. I'll take pictures on Saturday regardless. Worst case, I can actually hunt from the ground under that tree if the wind is right. [&:]
Old 09-27-2007, 07:45 PM

Default RE: I'm crazy, I think I can make it out.

Yeah, you're nuts alright.....But I understand.....sometimes a guy just HAS to get out, it's that simple.

I haven't seen him around here for a while I don't think....Does he still lurk?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

I believe I would make a natural ground blind.You don't won't to re injure your leg and set yourself back even more.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Now thats dedication. Just dont overdue it and makes things worse... Maybe you should throw up a ground blind while your there...
Old 09-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd probably be doing the same thing if I were in your SHOE.Good luck GIMP!!
Old 09-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

I think I can, I think I can, I think i can!!!!

Be safe!!

GL
Old 09-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

i had a dream the other day that i got a shot on a 150 class buck which would have been my firt deer for gun bow or anything and i ahd to stand to take the shot . After i let the arrow go i lean out and over the side i go. Then i went back to the stand with a broken leg and it happen again but that time when i fell i woke up and felt liek i was falling in my bed . just a dream but i gussesif i had a broken leg i would hunt to but just from the ground
Old 09-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

You'll know once you start climbing if it's too much. Don't push yourself too hard. I can totally relate though. In high school I broke my leg playing football, so my dad put up a ladder stand for me, really close to camp. Being the hard-head that I am, I hiked up the mountain on my crutches to my old stand, and my little brother took the stand close to camp. He was back in camp at 0730 hrs with a 140 class 10 pt[:@]

Old 09-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

now Rob, you had that cast in the summer heat for a good couple weeks now. that thing has gotta be stinkin....fill me in on your scent control...im curious

i knew you would try to find a way out. i really want pics of you in stand with a cast on

best of luck....take er easy....if you cant get in a tree sit on a stump! you can atleast sit there and watch helplessly! lol.

man id love to see you climb a tree with a cast on your leg....have Kurt take pics of that too

dont you own atleast 1 climber?? a sit and climb really wouldnt be all to bad for ya i dont think?? i just cant imagine climbing sticks with a cast....man you really are nuts...

where theres a will theres a way

put some carpet or something on the bottom of the cast...its gunna sound real nice clanking on a metal stand...better yet...super glue a big homeade rubber sole to it

man i can see the look on your drs face when you show up with a big ole homeade rubber sole glued to your cast..."i didnt want it to make noise on my treestand!"

Quick Reply: I'm crazy, I think I can make it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.