Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Camera STOLEN! Need some advice. >

New Camera STOLEN! Need some advice.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Camera STOLEN! Need some advice.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:28 PM

Default New Camera STOLEN! Need some advice.

I went out Tues. afternoon to check my camera and got some great pics. No other treestands in the area as well. Today, THURSDAY, I go back and on my way to my stand there is a brand new ladder stand about 60 yrds from where my stand and camera are. I walked over to my camera to see that it has been stolen. ($300 Leaf River). I had cables locking this cam but the low life cut throught them somehow. It doesn't seem like someone would be soo dumb to steal my camera and them hang a stand. I don't know what to do? I was tempted to rip his stand down but I'd hate to stoop to his level. I'm just really Pissed off right now. Any advice? What would you guys do?
Old 09-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Camera STOLEN! Need some advice.

here is what i did! I had some people sniffing around and so I took my Cudde-backs and instead of mounting them on the tree I mounted them on branches above the ground so that they are looking down the higher you get the bigger area photo you get! Its a pain to have to climb the tree everytime but it works get great pictures of deer from above and also can get some people arrested like i did who was snooping! Its funny when the cops show up at there house with a picture of them in there hand!
Old 09-27-2007, 06:00 PM

Private land or public land? Either way if it was me, I would get a couple of heavy logging chains and heavy masterlocks and make sure it would be very difficult for them to get their stand off the tree. Then I would be in my stand every waking minute till they come back. Having a friend close by would help too.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

I'd take the stand just in case. Then I would confront the guy when he comes looking for his stand and tell him I'll tradefor my camera.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

As a general rule, lots of people on this earth are pretty freaking stupid. I good friend of mine had a treestand stolen one year and the idiot who took it was dumb enough to hang it up on the same property not a couple hundred yards away with the intentions of hunting from it. The real funny part was the guy used a cable and padlock on it to keep it from getting stolen after he had already stole it fair and square. My advice is question the guy with the ladder stand from what you have said he is most likely the culprit.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Take his stand, if he says anything...it must have been the same guy who stole your camera. It's almost worth buying two cameras. Maybe a cheaper 35 mm to put up in a tree (like twildasin mentioned) and aim it toward the one on the tree. Maybe get a fake looking game cam and put a snake in it or something that will make him hurl when he opens it....ha!
good luck!
Old 09-27-2007, 07:36 PM

cordless grinder with a cutoff wheel...
Old 09-27-2007, 07:46 PM

Well your first instinct is to blame the new stand owner and want to pay him back by moving or taking his stand. And as someone said earlier, they may be just that stupid. But! What if the stand owner is just an innocent third party that has no knowledge of your stand? All you would do is steal his stand andupset someone else. Pretty soon you have a crew of upset hunters in the same area thinking everyone else is a thief. When you put a camera in the woods for the first time you are agreeing to the risk that some low life might take it. I would look thoroughly around the woods of the new stand. And if you find it then......"That's a horse of a different color!"
Old 09-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Host of Hosts

Without some sort of proof the newcomer stole your camera I don't think I'd steal his stand and stoop to the same level as the person your upset about. It won't make you any better than they were. I can't beleive you guys are suggesting he steal a stand from someone else who may not be involved. Think about what your saying.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like mentioned before the best thing to do is approache the guy and question him about it. You should be able to tell if the guy is full of sh*t or not.

Quick Reply: New Camera STOLEN! Need some advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.